Need help for World Language 4... :(

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by Nicki2020, May 28, 2022.

1. Nicki2020

Nicki2020 New Member

May 28, 2022

Hi! I feel so frustrated. I am from out of the state and have a preliminary credential for my home language.
    I have B.A, and M.A in language education but I couldn't pass the CSET 4 world language.
    Is there anyone who can give me some advice? I need to pass the test to retain my job position.
    I googled and searched for more info about the test but I have no idea why it is so hard to find it.
    Thank you for reading my post.

3. Caballo21

Caballo21 Rookie

May 28, 2022

What part of the exam are you struggling with? For example, if it is speaking can you get a tutor for speaking, etc? In my state we take an OPI in speaking and then the same company assesses our writing, along with a content exam for world language certification.

Most companies do have practice questions for their tests. A quick internet search found this:
    https://www.ctcexams.nesinc.com/TestView.aspx?f=HTML_FRAG/CA_CSET145_PrepMaterials.html

Of course, not sure what your home language is or whether that is helpful. I have a friend in my state who is struggling with the same thing - the content exam required by the state, even though it's his first language.

Last edited: May 28, 2022