Need help for a college assignment from you teachers out there!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by toaoemerald, Oct 18, 2010.

1. toaoemerald

toaoemerald New Member

Oct 18, 2010

I have to do an interview on a teacher from Pre-K to 2nd grade. Does anyone want to be interviewed? Thanks! :)

3. cheerfulfifi

cheerfulfifi Rookie

Oct 18, 2010

I think you need to put a bit more information on what exactly you're looking for in the interview! What do you need to know? :)

4. toaoemerald

toaoemerald New Member

Oct 18, 2010

I have a list of questions I'm supposed to ask. They don't have to be long complicated answers. If you don't have an answer just write "No answer." And you can PM me the answers if you want.

1. Teacher's Name (you don't have to answer this)

2. Are there parts of your job that are really frustrating?

3. Are there features that stop you from being as effective as you would like to be in your position?

4. Do you feel you are part of an effective teaching team? If not, what would you change (ex., schedules, routines, procedures, etc.)?

5. If you had the power to change anything about your job, what would you change? Why would this be an improvement over existing conditions?

6. What new skills or knowledge are you planning to work on this year?

7. Please share your educational background.

8. What courses or training experiences that you have taken/practiced in, would you recommend?

9. How many years of experience do you have in the field of early childhood, i.e. working with groups of children, not your own?

10. In what positions, areas within the field have you worked?

11. How long have you been in your present position?

12. Do you belong to any professional positions? If yes, please list.

13. Do you have any additional comments that might help an early childhood student looking into the field of early childhood as a possible career?

5. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

Oct 19, 2010

1. Teacher's Name (you don't have to answer this)
    N/A
    2. Are there parts of your job that are really frustrating?
    Yes. The number of things I can't control is bothersome.
    3. Are there features that stop you from being as effective as you would like to be in your position?
    Features? I am new. That's the biggest thing stopping me from being effective in my position. :lol:
    4. Do you feel you are part of an effective teaching team? If not, what would you change (ex., schedules, routines, procedures, etc.)?
    I have a great team. I team teach, actually.
    5. If you had the power to change anything about your job, what would you change? Why would this be an improvement over existing conditions?
    I would move kids around according to ability level. For instance, some of my kids function at a second grade level for the most part but are really behind in math. I'd love to send them to first grade for math refreshers. Differentiation is hard.
    6. What new skills or knowledge are you planning to work on this year?
    Everything. Differentiation. Classroom management. Rigor in lesson planning. Culturally relevant teaching
    7. Please share your educational background.
    I am currently attaining my master's degree through alternative certification in elementary ed.
    8. What courses or training experiences that you have taken/practiced in, would you recommend?
    Courses are good, but hands-on experience is better. I was a volunteer aide in a third grade classroom for a year before I accepted my current position. It was really helpful.
    9. How many years of experience do you have in the field of early childhood, i.e. working with groups of children, not your own?
    Two years formally.
    10. In what positions, areas within the field have you worked?
    Aide, teacher, after-school programmer. I worked briefly in Pre-K and mostly with 3rd-5th last year. This year I'm in 2nd. It's crazy.
    11. How long have you been in your present position?
    June 2010
    12. Do you belong to any professional positions? If yes, please list.
    I don't understand the question.
    13. Do you have any additional comments that might help an early childhood student looking into the field of early childhood as a possible career?
    Get endorsements or switch to elementary ed. :sorry: Everyone and their mother wants to teach Pre-K-3rd grade. You will have a better shot at a job if you expand your credential.

6. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Oct 19, 2010

I work with second graders for math intervention. Could I help you out, or are you looking for teachers who teach all day prek-2?

7. cheerfulfifi

cheerfulfifi Rookie

Oct 20, 2010

I sent you a PM with responses.