Need good Promethean lesson

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by skittleroo, Sep 17, 2010.

1. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Sep 17, 2010

Any ideas for a good lesson using the promethean. Admin is coming in watch us use our new boards. I want something where the kids are interacting and using the pen, beyond a average lesson, but still something we are learning at this time of year.

Did that even make sense?:dizzy::dizzy:

thank you:)

3. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Sep 18, 2010

Have you checked out Promethean Planet? There are thousands of flipcharts there to download for free, all created and submitted by classroom teachers. You can search by subject and grade. You have to sign-up but it's totally free.

4. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Sep 18, 2010

What material are you covering?

5. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Sep 18, 2010

it can be anything - probably counting (1-1) or letter Id. I 'll look at pp. thanks

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Sep 19, 2010

I'm sure your 'anything' should be content driven. Admin is not looking for 'use' of technology, but thoughtful, meaningful teaching integrating technology. I say this coming from a tech-laden school...we have laptops, desktops, a fully outfitted tech lab, document cameras and SmartBoards in most classrooms....one should use technology to enhance and complement instruction, not to simply justify its purchase, but to facilitate learning for the students.

7. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Sep 19, 2010

What I meant is....it could be anything that we are covering right now. Beginning of kinder is doing things like word boundaries, 1-1 matching, letter and sound ID. And yes they are specifically coming to watch a promethean lesson to ensure we are using the boards. Yes it must be content driven - however I could do any lesson that is appropriate for beginning of kinder.