need game ideas

Discussion in 'General Education' started by 2ndTimeAround, Nov 16, 2013.

1. 2ndTimeAround

2ndTimeAround Phenom

Nov 16, 2013

I'm thinking I'm going to do some "minute to win it" type games on the day before Christmas break. I'm tired of being the only teacher that doesn't show a movie that day and I'm tired of dealing with makeup work when we return from the holidays. So instead of beating them (slack colleagues), I'm joining them ;)

I thought I'd have a game day. A day where the kids get to play and be louder than normal. And maybe I can enjoy myself too!

But I still want to be able to justify my day's plans and I need a little help.

I don't mind going in pretty much any science direction since I'm supposed to reinforce teachings from previous subjects and introduce new... So I can touch on physics for knocking-down-things games and such.

I am big on teaching graphing skills so anything that might not otherwise fit into 'science' would be okay if I can get the kids to graph results.

I'm looking through Pinterest for some ideas but since you all know students a bit better than the average bear, I would love some suggestions from you too.

3. HorseLover

HorseLover Comrade

Nov 16, 2013

Maybe one of the games could be a Jeopardy style game? This would work especially well if you have a SmartBoard

4. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Nov 16, 2013

Dominos stacked to fall.
    Maybe some old timers: Jacks or marbles
    Balloon into baskets; badmitton
    Using electricity to hang balloons on wall

5. 2ndTimeAround

2ndTimeAround Phenom

Nov 16, 2013

great ideas, keep them coming!

6. teachsph2008

teachsph2008 Companion

Nov 16, 2013

Cut up cereal boxes or I guess any kind of box with a picture on it..and make them into puzzle pieces. They have a minute to assemble

7. Rockguykev

Rockguykev Connoisseur

Nov 17, 2013

Have them make their own "Angry Birds" levels out of playing cards then try to knock them down with rubber bands.

Seriously, I could do that all day.

8. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Nov 17, 2013

For graphing what about have circle shapes & they have to pick from colors thinking like red, green, silver & gold. They color and then "hang on a tree and you could make a graph. You could do fractions, if you had an even number maybe symmetry.