Need fun activities

Discussion in 'Secondary Education' started by dizzykates, Mar 5, 2013.

1. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Mar 5, 2013

I need to teach a fun 45 minute class for kids who have kept up with their classes and are doing well overall. They are a good group of kids and we need something fun and enriching for them to do. So, bring on the ideas. It's a one time deal so keep that in mind.

Ideas that have been tossed around are:
    *board games
    *card making for seniors
    *independent reading ... I need more ideas.

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Mar 5, 2013

A tournament of some kind (connect four, hearts, spoons, crazy 8s, left/center/right)

Creating a picture project or short movie clip on the computer. Record a song.

Allow the students to go around and take pictures for the yearbook or a newsletter to go home to parents.

Is there some way to enrich your school (painting a mural, creating signs for athletics, decorating the staff lounge, baking something)

Can you use the gym or outdoors for activities? It might be fun to set up a basketball tournament or have a kickball game. Making a small garden might be fun as well.

Recording books for elementary students (their teachers would thank you!)

Create a mural to hang in your school? Maybe your principal would even pay to have it professionally made from the students' designs.

Technology time (let them play with their phones, ipads, etc.

4. readingrules12

readingrules12 Aficionado

Mar 5, 2013

Which grades do you teach?

5. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Mar 7, 2013

I teach 6th grade. We have clubs that do decorating and yearbook so those things are out. Those kids usually already go there. We can't use the gym and we don't have outdoor space.

I like the idea of having them make quick videos. I have some iPads they can use for that.