Need feedback on Thank you letter for teaching experience

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by stephanie90102, Feb 25, 2007.

1. stephanie90102

stephanie90102 Rookie

Feb 25, 2007

Hey everyone! It's that wonderful time of year again! Does anyone have any new gray hairs yet?? I just finished a long term sub. placement in the district I would LOVE to work for in the coming school year! I would appreciate any feedback on my thank you letter that I will be sending to the HR Director, Superintendednt, and Principal of the School I worked at. Thanks everyone, and good luck!! Stephanie :)

I would like to formally thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a long term first grade substitute teacher at Henry Barnard School. I enjoyed my time spent in this position and learning more about the Enfield Public School System.

This placement has strengthened my enthusiasm for the teaching profession and in securing a future teaching position with the Enfield Public School System. I believe this experience has strengthened my skills useful for a future educator and has helped prepare me for my future as an elementary level teacher. It was an honor to be a part of the team teaching at Henry Barnard Elementary School. This experience helped me realize how much I would enjoy being a teacher in one of the public elementary schools in Enfield for the 2007-2008 school year.

Enfield's public schools have the reputation of offering the best to their students, providing wonderful learning opportunities, and being great places to work. It was both humbling and invigorating to be a part of this school system and make a difference in students' lives. I now know why my past experience as a student of the Enfield Public School System was so wonderful. It offers and provides the best of the best for its students. I hope one day I can join this exemplary school district as a teacher.

Again, thank you for providing me with this experience. I hope to continue to serve the Enfield Public School System in the years to come.

Any tips???

3. Teacherella

Teacherella Habitué

Mar 2, 2007

You probably already sent this out so my suggestions won't be of much help to you. Here they are anyway...

I think the letter in general is too long. Thank you letters are supposed to be short and sweet. You used the word "strengthened" twice (back to back sentences). A lot of the information is repetitive.

Given your letter, I would have done the following to it:

I would like to formally thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a long term first grade substitute teacher at Henry Barnard School. I enjoyed my time spent in this position and learning more about the Enfield Public School System.

This placement has strengthened my enthusiasm for the teaching profession and my interest in securing a future teaching position with the Enfield Public School System for the 2007-2008 school year. Enfield's public schools have the reputation of offering the best to their students, providing wonderful learning opportunities, and being great places to work. I hope one day I can join this exemplary school district as a teacher.

Again, thank you for providing me with this experience. I look forward to the possibility of continuing to serve the Enfield Public School System as a permanent teacher.