Need encouragement!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ktmiller222, Jun 8, 2015.

1. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Jun 8, 2015

I need some encouragement because I feel like giving up on the job hunt already....

It seriously scares me that there are so few job postings in the county and surrounding counties where I live. This time in previous years there were so many!

Just feeling down and hopeless....

3. misswteaches

misswteaches Companion

Jun 8, 2015

I'm sorry! :( I didn't really how blessed I am to be where I am until I started seeing how many people are struggling to find a job. You're certainly not alone.
    Are you willing to teach in a school/setting/position you weren't expecting? I ended up with a very different job than I anticipated and I couldn't be more excited right now. :)
    Subbing is a pretty good (if low-paying) option if you don't get a job by the beginning of the school year. Are you a sub already?
    I do hope you find a wonderful position! Aspiring teachers work so hard, sacrifice so much -- they should be rewarded with a job, shouldn't they?!

4. shoreline02

shoreline02 Cohort

Jun 8, 2015

I'm from Pennsylvania. Graduated in 2010 and still on the job hunt. I am now applying in MD and suddenly have several interviews! I will also be trying VA.

Pennsylvania has too many teaching schools, too many candidates. Last year the schools in my area were all laying off teachers. The one school laid off over 100 positions.

Best of luck!! But you're not the only one. My friend always tells me.. " The right school will find you."

5. newteacher14

newteacher14 Rookie

Jun 8, 2015

Don't give up yet!! It is just the beginning of the summer and I'm sure there will be many more openings before the next school year begins. Have you looked into charters or private schools?

6. luv2teach444

luv2teach444 Companion

Jun 10, 2015

I can't give you any encouragement - just a virtual hug. :hugs:

I've been looking for 3 years -applied over 200 jobs with 1 interview. I feel your pain. and plan to walk away in Sept 'cause I have to get a full time job to pay my loans :banghead:

7. Luv2TeachInTX

Luv2TeachInTX Comrade

Jun 11, 2015

It seems like you've been struggling to find a position for quite some time. Do you live in an oversaturated market? Would it be possible to move? It seems like Nevada and Arizona are good choices for relocation if you're trying to break into the field.