Need classroom award advice TONIGHT!!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Mrs. Mom, May 14, 2008.

1. Mrs. Mom

Mrs. Mom Cohort

May 14, 2008

Tomorrow is the deadline for submitting names of students who will receive classroom awards next week on the last day of school. I usually give 1-2 called outstanding academic achievement, most accelerated reading points, and good citizenship. HOWEVER, other teachers give a separate award for each subject, and I thought I might do that this year. It turns out, after averaging grades, that the same student is top in all subjects. So I will give just one academic achievement. She is also truly deserving of the citizenship award, although I could also give it to a couple of others, but not without awarding her one, also. She also has the most AR points! Does anyone have any other great awards that you give out? I don't like most improved...and I couldn't pick anyone for that one, either.

3. AuNaturale

AuNaturale Rookie

May 14, 2008

Outstanding Work Ethic (for those kids who may not get the top grades yet they never give up)....Creative Spirit Award (for the kids who are artistically talented in painting, drawing, writing, etc). Hope these help!

4. little317

little317 Groupie

May 14, 2008

What about: Author Award (someone who is a strong writer or who has shown a lot of growth in writing), Computer Expert, Perfect Attendance, Caring Heart (someone who is always kind to people). Maybe you could have 2 kids get the same award.

5. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

May 15, 2008

The same thing is happening in my room this year....

I bought the set of candy awards off of teacher's clubhouse- just so I could give out some different kind of awards to the kids...

6. DaTeach

DaTeach Comrade

May 15, 2008

We are required to give awards to the students with the top three highest averages in each subject. I also give a Book It award to those who achieved their goal every month of the program. I give 3 top AR readers, those with honor roll 3 consecutive 9-weeks, perfect attendance, and citizenship.