Need Advice

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ready2teachintx, Jan 1, 2008.

1. ready2teachintx

ready2teachintx Companion

Jan 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Looking for some new year's advice:confused:

I am a new teacher and am currently at a good school in an okay district. However I am wanting to change districts in the Fall and work in my son's school district..be closer to home and hopefully be able to take my son to school/work with me. I am currently teaching PPCD (SPED for Preschoolers) and I really love it but have also considered KInder, 1st or regular Pre-K.

I would love to be able to work at my son's school, but I am not sure if I should apply there first and how to not seem too agressive or anxious about interviewing there.

I need some advice on how to go about applying at the new district and should I go through HR or apply through the administrators at the particular schools that I really want to work at? Should I email them?

Not sure what to do...any advice would be greatly appreciated:)

3. vannapk

vannapk Groupie

Jan 2, 2008

I'm not sure how it works in the particular district you are referring to, but I can tell you how it works here in my district, I have been involved in many hiring committees. In our district you MUST apply on-line first. A principal may not even contact you until all of your info is in the computer. If you send him or her an e-mail they must not respond, if you send them a hard copy of your resume they cannot respond until all of your info is in the computer via the on-line application you submitted. Once your on-line application is submitted and is up on-line then anything is fair game- phone calls, hard copies, e-mails etc. - just make sure to mention that your application is complete in HR.
    Good luck!

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jan 2, 2008

You'll also want to be sure that you're not contractually obligated to remain at your current school for a second year. In our district, new hires need to spend two years at a school before they can request a transfer.