Here's the dilemma: I live in Michigan, and I was offered an interview in Missouri. To either fly or drive would both be around $600 when all the expenses are added up. My parents want me to ask if I can do a phone or Skype interview, but I am worried that they will think I am not interested. I will say that although I am definitely willing to move if I get the position, it's not a situation where I am really looking and hoping to move out to this area. I also don't have the $600 to go out there for the interview (plus I'd be missing a day or two of pay at work). Is it at all appropriate to ask for a phone or Skype interview?? The other thing is...the application process on their website isn't very clear, and I don't know if this is like a screening interview or an "actual" interview. It was the school that called me (and I am interviewing for a specific position), but I am wondering if it is ok to ask them to clarify. I feel like I can't pass up this opportunity for an interview, but I hate the thought of spending all that time and money to go for a screening interview. I have to call the school back tomorrow morning, so I need to decide all this pretty quickly...PLEASE weigh in if you have any thoughts on either of these questions! Thank you!!