Need a geography based board game idea

Discussion in 'General Education' started by 2inspire, Aug 6, 2009.

1. 2inspire

2inspire Companion

Aug 6, 2009

For my board game themed class-social studies board. We mainly focus on state history (Missouri) in my grade level. I was thinking Missouriopoly but I'm already doing Homeworkopoly and I thought that would be one too many opoly's :p

3. foxteach1

foxteach1 Rookie

Aug 6, 2009

I don't know how good your "Homeworkopoly" board is, but I'd be tempted to change that one; Missouriopoly sounds like the better bet! I would think it would be easier to come up with a different game for homework--I'm thinking maybe a design based on "Sorry!" where they get bounced back to their "desk" if they miss an assignment?
    Cute theme idea, by the way!

4. yarnwoman

yarnwoman Cohort

Aug 6, 2009

What about a take off on those Carmen San Diego games? You could do Where in Missouri is _____________?

I am actually thinking about doing something with this for the geography in my 8th grade History class.

5. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Aug 6, 2009

When I was in 6th grade, we created a review game based on Jeopardy. We were studying India, so we did the whole game show experience on the stage after researching the answers and questions, and possible categories.

It was called "How Well Do You Know India?" Maybe you could do something similar.

Great theme idea, BTW.

6. KatieC

KatieC Rookie

Aug 8, 2009

BINGO

I play Geography BINGO with my middle schoolers... they can create their own cards (with vocabulary terms or places) or you can create them (and have more control). We play this during our Europe geography unit... fun!