need a book suggestion

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by who me, Oct 23, 2008.

1. who me

who me Rookie

Oct 23, 2008

One of the Kindergarten Teachers at my school (I'm a computer teacher) asked me to be the 1st guest reader for her class this school year. She wants me to come into her classroom sometime in the 1st couple weeks of November. I'd like a suggestion for a book to read. I'd like something appropriate for that level and something not too long for their attention. I will be most appreciative for all of your ideas.

3. kidsalot

kidsalot Comrade

Oct 23, 2008

My kinders LOVE any of the "Pigeon" books by Mo Willems. Curious George books are also classics(I stay away from the newer "movie" books.) Have fun!

4. MsWK

MsWK Habitué

Oct 23, 2008

My Kindergarteners always loved "No, David!" since it was funny and attention-grabbing. I always saved the longer books for me and gave the "No, David!" book to guest readers, since I knew the kids would sit still and listen to it for new people.

5. punchinello

punchinello Comrade

Oct 23, 2008

Tightrope Poppy, the High Wire Pig by Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen. Great message and clever use of rhyme.

6. DrivingPigeon

DrivingPigeon Phenom

Oct 23, 2008

Caps for sale is always a favorite. Some of my childhood favorites that the kids LOVE are Fish Out of Water and Fortunately.

Whatever you choose, make sure you check with the teaher to see if she has read it this year.

7. lovetoshop

lovetoshop Rookie

Oct 23, 2008

My kinders love Click, Clack, Moo, Duck for President, Dooby Dooby Moo books. I have to say they're my personal favorite too!

8. who me

who me Rookie

Oct 23, 2008

Thanks for all the great choices. I will have some fun sellecting the book. Most of all I will enjoy my time with the children sharing the book!