NCSCOS in kidspeak???

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by MrsB2B, Aug 14, 2008.

1. MrsB2B

MrsB2B Rookie

Aug 14, 2008

Calling any and all North Carolina teachers: I am looking for a website that shows the NCSCOS goals in kid friendly language. Does this exist?

I am big into posting my goals and objectives everyday and want them in kid language. I could do it myself, but any timesaver right now is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

3. momof6

momof6 Rookie

Aug 14, 2008

I wonder if you could post essential questions instead of objectives, or reword them into objectives. I found these online (It's always so exciting when someone else does my work for me LOL)

Hmmmm..I'll have to pm you if I can...I can't post attachments. Sigh.

4. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 15, 2008

Oooh- I want the essential question link. I can't stand thinking of them, so if it is done for me, that'd be AWESOME :2up:

5. frogger

frogger Devotee

Aug 15, 2008

I haven't seen it in kid friendly language, sorry!

6. momof6

momof6 Rookie

Aug 15, 2008

NORTH CAROLINA Essential Questions

These are based on the NC SCOS. It took me forever to find this link but it is wonderful. All links are in PDF, so save save save a copy. This is the first time I've come across Guilford county's work that they haven't required a password (which I've been coveting :) )

http://www.gcsnc.com/depts/curriculum_menu.htm

***I know! Isn't it great when you find something that means you don't have to do it yourself...I have "objectives" for the entire year. CHECK! :haha:

7. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 15, 2008

Thanks.

And, I also feel like a complete idiot now. When I saw that the essential questions were in the pacing guide, I went and pulled up my county's pacing guides and they have the exact same question.
    :whistle: Guess I should look at the thing once in a while :whistle:

My P did have us do essential questions until May last year. She took a bullet for us from the county office. She was new to the school last year and implemented a lot of changes and teachers were complaining about how overwhelmed they were. So, she decided to give us a little break with the essential questions.
    But, this year, we will not be as lucky...

Thanks, though. I probably would have NEVER realized they were in there!