NC,South Central and North West, Job fairs, etc.

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Traveler1321, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Traveler1321

Traveler1321 Rookie

Jun 5, 2008

Hi everyone! I am about to go to the South Central and NorthWest Job fairs in NC next week and am looking for help...Please! I previously went to a Wake County fair and there were so many people by the time it came to me #291 and the 400 or so people who were after me...there were no interview slots left! I contacted the above mentioned job fairs and they said this would not be the case at these. Has anyone been to either of these fairs? As far as these two regions of NC, I really don't know anything {I am from PA } Can anyone tell me the counties/cities that would be recommended. I am trying to find somewhere that is similar to the size of my home town {80,000}. I'm also trying to avoid high crime areas. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you everyone!

3. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jun 5, 2008

I'm afraid I won't be much help but I'll try. I'm new to NC. I moved here in February. At any rate, I'm pretty sure Wake and Charlotte-Mecklenburg are the largest counties in the state (someone correct me if I'm wrong.) It doesn't surprise me that Wake was a circus. I know my county is hiring for for all levels. I work in Johnston county (it's the county just east of Wake). I know we have a job fair coming up. If you'd like to know when PM me, and I can also send you a link for the openings.

I'm sorry I don't have a direct answer to your question!

PS - I was hired from the job fair my county put on in early Spring. It was crowded but not insane, and I was able to interview with 5 or so schools. It was well-organized and everyone was friendly. If you can't tell, I love my district :)

GOOD LUCK!!!

4. colormegreen

colormegreen Rookie

Jun 6, 2008

I am new to NC but live in Winston-Salem - off hand I don't know what the counties are in those 2 regions...if you look online and find those counties and look at the cities in them and repost I would be able to give you some idea of the size of the cities.

5. Traveler1321

Traveler1321 Rookie

Jun 8, 2008

I tried to PM and it didn't work?

Hi, thank you for replying to my help message. I have been doing research on the two job fairs. The NW region is all very, very small towns { many under 4,000} I am sure they are pleasant towns, but just too small for me. The SC is looking better. I am trying to do as much research as I can not being form NC. I am interested in your counties job fair and the county too. Is the size/towns similar to Wake? I'm not looking for NYC, but malls and theatres would be nice. Any help you can give me would be great! Also any questions for me are fine. I will be getting married soon and want to find a lower crime rate city to live in. Thanks again so much! Martin

6. Traveler1321

Traveler1321 Rookie

Jun 8, 2008

Thnak you colormegreen

Thanks I am researching today and tonight! I am looking into the SC now...the NW is quaint, but too small town for me. Thank you for replying!