National Convention

Discussion in 'Art Teachers' started by Samothrace, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Apr 11, 2009

I was talking to my friend earlier today who also is an art teacher. I mentioned that I would like to go to the National Convention next year, and I think we've both kind of decided we'll go together.

Has anyone been? I know it's completely overwhelming the amount of speakers, demos, everthing! lol

What did you like/not like?

I was never able to go during college b/c I had to take the chance to get all the extra hours at work..and usually would have some sort of huge research something to be doing over my springbreak. I was the nerdy one that spent my springbreak catching up on work, not partying! lol

3. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Apr 12, 2009

I would love to go but it's always so far away and very expensive to attend. When I am more settled and more comfortable money wise it will be one of the first things that I go to!

4. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Apr 12, 2009

It will be in Maryland next year and I just did a quick look to see what flights might run to go there. B/c of where I live, there are always hopper business flights from my local airport to chicago, boston, nyc and d.c. area....so a flight won't cost me that much :D hotel however.... but $25 a week for a year and a half paid for my to go to europe, it'll cover baltimore.

5. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Apr 12, 2009

Very good point. I'd love to go to the convention, if not for all the freebies :) But, on a serious note, it seems like such a great opportunity.

6. Securis

Securis Cohort

Apr 13, 2009

Does the convention have a web page outlining events and other information? I've dealt with and explored professional groups on the state level but never thought about the national level before.

7. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Apr 13, 2009

Our TA's went and some of my profs when I was in college to present and other stuff. I know you get a bound book of sorts that list all the speakers, workshops or whatever. ....I was also told you can't possibly get anywhere close to everything you might want to see, hear and do! lol It's a pick and choose.

It would make sense that you would get that ahead of time to kind of plan your week. The naea website I'm sure has more info.

My college profs also said go to the goody area the last day it's available b/c they reps don't want to carry the stuff back and will just give it to you so they don't have to carry anything back! lol