Nasal Strips

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by ku_alum, Feb 7, 2011.

1. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Feb 7, 2011

I have night time congestion.

On a whim I purchased Target brand "Breathe Right Strips" ... and, oh my gosh ... what a little slice of heaven!

My breathing improved dramatically.

However, the strips only stay in place for about an hour and then start to "unstick" which tickles a bit before eventually coming undone. Resticking is not an option.

Knowing how much my breathing improved, I'd be willing to spend more on the name brand ... but, do they stick any longer?

3. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Feb 7, 2011

I have used breathe right strips when I have had a cold and they were still solidly on my nose the next morning, so it sounds better than the off brand to me. Also make sure you have the right size and make sure your skin is clean and dry before putting them on.

4. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Feb 7, 2011

My husband uses the CVS brand and they still as well as breathe right, according to him. Which reminds me that he is out, and I should go buy some for him so that I can get some sleep!

5. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Feb 8, 2011

Make sure not to moisturize that area.

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 8, 2011

Dh wears the real, name brand Breathe Right strips for sleeping. They stay on all night.

7. midwestteacher

midwestteacher Cohort

Feb 9, 2011

I tried the Breathe Right strips but I must have an allergy to the adhesive they use. The strip was still stuck solidly in the morning, but when removed left a red pattern on my nose that stayed all day and was slightly swollen. Oh, well I guess I will have to stick to the nasal spray.

8. CandorWit

CandorWit Rookie

Feb 9, 2011

They are miracle workers. My husband could wake the dead with his snoring. Now, he is as quiet as a mouse. He says he sleeps better too. (We all do!)