name tags?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by wannateachintx, Aug 3, 2007.

1. wannateachintx

wannateachintx Rookie

Aug 3, 2007

Does anyone know where I can get name tags for the kids? I'm not necessarily talking about stickers but just something I can put their name on, bus number if needed, lunch number. I know at my old school where I was a para, they had small wooden name tags that were real cute. Thanks!

3. little317

little317 Groupie

Aug 3, 2007

I just buy some precut accents from the teacher store, write the student's name, lunch number, and way to get home. On the back I also put a label on the back that says to return it to my classroom if it gets lost. Then I get it laminated, punch 2 holes in it, and attach yarn to make it a necklace. Last year I just used safety pins to pin it on the kids and I had a few parents that put up a real stink about the tiny holes in their kids shirts. So I am switching to yarn.

4. katrinkakat

katrinkakat Connoisseur

Aug 3, 2007

They have a lot of different ones at the teacher store. Or, try an office supply store, too.

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Aug 3, 2007

In the district I subbed for, all the kindergarteners go to the same school (an early 5's/K only school) and each bus had a color (so, instead of riding bus 9, you rode the red bus). Each child had a laminated tag made out of construction paper attached to their backpack. It had name and address on it.
    A few teachers I know also went to a local grocery store, and they made them a nametag for each child. This was helpful for subs, field trips, etc...

6. mudpie1598

mudpie1598 Companion

7. Bobbe

Bobbe Rookie

Aug 5, 2007

I die cut nametags for my students out of vinal that I purchase from the local fabric store very cheap, you should not need more that 1/2yard or so. Then I purchase name tag clips from Office Max (a couple of years ago they were $6.00 for a 24). I cut a small slit in the vinal and attach the clip. They last all year and I send the name tag home at the end of the year and keep the clips. Parents love them because the do not tear the shirt.

8. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Aug 5, 2007

We use die cuts for our name tags. Punch a hole and then put soem yarn through the hole and there you go. If you want to make it last longer laminate it, or use something sturdier than construction paper.

9. Lesley

Lesley Habitué

Aug 5, 2007

This year I saved plastic lids from margarine, chips, anything. I am going to punch a hole in them, put lanyard through the hole and make a necklace. Names will be written on the lids.

10. kinder4me

kinder4me Comrade

Aug 5, 2007

Great idea!!!:2up:

11. kinderkidz

kinderkidz Rookie

Aug 15, 2007

I have tried using laminated die cuts but they seem to always rip, get lost, or they students "eat" them. I found this idea on another teachers cite and thought it was cute and maybe a little sturdier. http://www.littlegiraffes.com/firstweek.html She melts red solo cups in the oven then adds leaves and a stem to make an apple. I thought I would write each students name on one side and how they go home on the other.

12. SittinInATree

SittinInATree Companion

Aug 15, 2007

I bought cute sticker ones and the stuck them on index cards. On the back of the card I wrote their lunch # and bus # and then laminated it. I hole punched them and attatched yarn and the kids will wear them around their necks for the first couple weeks.

13. cathriona

cathriona Rookie

Aug 16, 2007

free printable name tags

:) www.childcareland.com/free.html has really cute printable name tags. Click on daily art projects to find them.

Cathríona
    (Ireland)

14. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Aug 16, 2007

If you are a meber, www.enchantedlearning.com has some cute ones....... also you can take them to Office Max and get them lamilated....... (PS: my mom still has mine from K, so it should be one of those things that parents can keep with out it tearing apart).