My very teacher interview experience

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by OkasanBear, Jul 11, 2014.

1. OkasanBear

OkasanBear New Member

Jul 11, 2014

My first teacher interview experience

Hello, everyone.

I would like some opinions on my first teacher interview experience.

About a month ago, I had a demo lesson for a secondary science position. I sent a thank-you email to the department chair who was in charge of the interview, and three weeks later I finally got the following message,

“We are actually still experiencing some last-minute, unexpected changes with our staffing plan for next year. I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I will be in touch if we have a position for you once we have everything worked out. I hope you are enjoying your summer.”

When I received the message, I thought I might still have a chance. Then, the next day I found repost for the positions which are slightly different from the original one. The original post was seeking for a chem/physics position, now they are seeking two positions for one-year term chem and one-year term physics.

I am a little confused. Did I misunderstand the message? Maybe I should feel lucky since she got back to me, but I wish she just told me that I did not get the job.

English is not my native tongue, so please excuse my English grammar :eek:

Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

OkasanBear

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  3. mathteachertobe

mathteachertobe Cohort

Jul 11, 2014

If you are interested in either of those positions, I see no harm in emailing the department chair to express your interest. The email she sent you makes it seem as if you were being considered for the original posting, so it's possible she might think you wouldn't be interested in a one year position.

4. ScienceEd

ScienceEd Companion

Jul 11, 2014

It sounds like another teacher left and now they have two openings instead of just one.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 11, 2014

Keep sending your application package out to every local public, private and charter within a reasonable commute. No harm in letting them know you'd be interested in the newly posted positions, but truthfully if they saw you as a fit for one of them they'd snap you up.:2cents:

6. OkasanBear

OkasanBear New Member

Jul 13, 2014

mathteachertobe, ScienceEd, and czacza –

Thank you for your responses. I will continue on my job search though there are not many chemistry teacher openings in this area. Hopefully things will pick up soon.

OkasanBear

7. vateacher757

vateacher757 Cohort

Jul 13, 2014

I would reapply for the Chem position....they may have had to repost the positions that way instead of picking from those they interviewed from the previous job posting.

I would email back thanking for the update and let them know you saw the repost for the Chem only, you are very interested and have gone and applied for that position.