My Van was broken into

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Irishdave, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Mar 5, 2008

Well Tonight I went to the local Pub to play Trivia, we have a team from my school and we drink (soft drinks) and let our hair down. Well, tonight I had my laptop and the school laptop in my car (don't get ahead of me, the computers are safe) well a lady came in and announces that a van had it's window busted out. Yes it was mine.
    Since I have the Lizard insurance, I called and I have an appointment Thursday to fix the window (I have full glass coverage).
    Here is the funny part the Criminal missed the computers and stole an old cell phone (deactivated) and not working (it fell into a toilet) yuck
    :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

I get a new window and the Criminal gets a "nasty" cell phone (deactivated)

3. Budaka

Budaka Cohort

Mar 5, 2008

That was so lucky!! I had a friend who had her school laptop taken and she hadn't backed up any of the students' grades! Boy, was she ever in trouble!

4. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Mar 5, 2008

Very sorry Dave.

At least you have a sense of humour about it.

5. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Mar 5, 2008

My best friend had her van broken into 2 days before Christmas while it was sitting in her church's parking lot. She had her purse in there (yeah, she knows better now!) so she lost all her cards and the $160 her son had just given her to pay for his insurance and cell phone. They also got her school digital camera, but missed the Palm Pilot that was in the console. They tried one window and got it to crack, but not shatter, then went on the driver's side and busted it out. There church isn't in the best of neighborhoods. She was hoping to find her purse in the dumpster by the church (for the first time she had actually bought a matching purse and wallet! :D) but no luck. The car next to her had Christmas presents, a purse, and a rifle in the back seat, but there was a coat tossed over it so I guess it wasn't easy to spot. Mel got out of the van and then walked back to put her purse in. I figure someone saw her do it and knew it would be in there. She lost her cell phone too, but it worked. :D I blame her for any missed call I get. I'm glad yours turned out as well as it did, Dave. That's about as good as it can get in that situation.

6. kburen

kburen Cohort

Mar 5, 2008

Glad to hear the "good things" are safe!

7. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Mar 6, 2008

Good thing a lot of criminals aren't too smart. Sorry about the break-in, Dave.

8. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Mar 6, 2008

Got window fixed cost $0 I got people (but it is a Lizard)

9. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Mar 8, 2008

Glad this ordeal turned out as "well" as it did.

10. eduk8r

eduk8r Enthusiast

Mar 8, 2008

:D You're welcome :D
    I'm glad they missed the good stuff, too.

11. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Mar 8, 2008

Am I the only one who is wondering why you had a cell phone that fell in the toilet in your van?:D!:p

12. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Mar 8, 2008

Am I the only one who is wondering why you had a cell phone that fell in the toilet in your van?!:p

13. eduk8r

eduk8r Enthusiast

Mar 8, 2008

It was a decoy, obviously very effective. :lol:

14. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 8, 2008

My brother-in-law lives in Milwaukee and has had his car broken into at least twice, lap top stolen, etc. Locked car in broad daylight, they broke the back window.

15. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Mar 8, 2008

Well, I had the cell in my shirt pocket and when I was "finished" I bent over to flush and plop it fell out of my pocket, that is how it fell in toilet

After I dried it out it did not work so I was going to take it to the "cell phone" store have the new one energize but I did not need the old one so it sat in my car's console for about 2 months.
    The other night I forgot my cell phone (new one) in the car, My DD went out to get it for me but grabbed the old one first, she realized it and left it in top of the console I just left it there because I was just too busy to tuck it back in the console (I have been wanting to donate it )
    Yes that's my story and I am sticking to it

16. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Mar 9, 2008

hope you don't learn it was one of your students that did it.

I'm sure you still feel violated that someone broke into your van, glad your computers were safe.

I still don't think I would donate a cell phone that fell in the toilet.:confused: