My unique DS

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by 3Sons, May 30, 2014.

1. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

May 30, 2014

So one day, my wife comes home to see my middle son sitting on the couch after school. He looks up and says, "Mom, I love these new jeans! They're so smoooth, and so soft!"

They were her jeans; he'd gotten them from the clothes basket without realizing they weren't his.

He went into the ice cream store and said he wanted a "black hardo" -- a soft chocolate cone with chocolate shell on it. I told him he couldn't just make up names to order and expect people to understand what he meant.

He wrote an essay for class about our trip to Virginia Beach. He related how there were jellyfish, and he got stung, and got his younger brother to help with the ... ahem... traditional cure for jellyfish stings.

After the fifth-grade "family education" class, he came home and faced us down accusingly, "I knew it couldn't be that Mom ate a cake! Or there would be baby-dough stores all over the place!"

A few minutes later he said, "I know you and mom did at least three times. Was it disgusting?"

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 30, 2014

I love these, 3Sons! He sounds like the kind of kid I would love to have in my class--thoughtful and funny!

How did you answer the last question? :whistle:

4. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

May 30, 2014

LMBO at the last one!! That really struck me funny!! I had to tell my husband! Tears! LOL Love that one!

Anymore of his comments? I love it. He sounds like a hoot like my daughter! Never know what she's going to say!

5. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

May 30, 2014

He's pretty hilarious and has makes odd comments pretty regularly. He likes to talk a lot, has virtually no fear of starting up conversations with people or (obviously) of asking sensitive questions (actually, his *teacher* in that class got an even more difficult one: what happens if it gets stuck?)

He is actually fairly thoughtful as well; his personal narratives are most often self-effacing and have some theme.

As for the answer to his last question, I think I said it wasn't as bad as he might think. He's convinced it must be horrible and that no one would ever do it if there were other ways to have kids. I didn't want to tell him it's great, but didn't want to entirely mislead him either.

6. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 30, 2014

He is absolutely the kind of kid I would be working behind the scenes to get in my class.

7. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

May 30, 2014

HA! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one to do this!

8. 3Sons

3Sons Enthusiast

Jun 3, 2014

Another one:

So I took DS to the doctor a few days ago, and she wanted him to give a urine sample. He made a face, but went to the bathroom and filled a cup, then coming back and setting the cup on the counter before sitting and waiting for the doctor to return.

The doctor comes back and does a little more examination, looking in his ears and at his throat, and then says, "Oh, where's your urine sample?" Finding it on the counter, she picks it up and looks at DS, "Is this it?"*

DS opens his eyes wide in shock, "Do I have to drink it?"

* I guess maybe doctors find lots of random urine samples they haven't asked for in their offices?

9. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jun 3, 2014

LOL Too funny!!

10. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jun 4, 2014

Oh, this is priceless.

11. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jun 4, 2014

Hysterical! What a funny little guy :)

12. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Jun 7, 2014

That is hilarious! He would be so much fun to have in class. I've had another child like this in my class once, and it turned out to be one of the funnest years in my teaching career.

13. teach1

teach1 Companion

Jun 9, 2014

I'm dying!! You need to tell him these stories once he gets older!

14. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jun 12, 2014

Thought of this yesterday as we began our "Growth and Development" unit in Health and I was reviewing the guideline--"No personal questions"!