My third grade journey begins!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by kpteacher, Apr 22, 2010.

1. kpteacher

kpteacher Rookie

Apr 22, 2010

Well, I got the official board approval....3rd grade teacher!!!

BUT.....i am in PA and the job is in NC...we went down for the interview and to check things out. I was hired the same day pending board approval. Soooo many things going through my mind..we have to sell the house, move, blah blah...I have no idea about the area and am starting to get scared...the move does not scare me, but rather the short timing...

THEN,,,i just got a call for a PA contracted position 3rd grade interview, i am in the bottom 5...i have no idea what to think right now. I am perfectly fine with moving, so is hubby and the kids, but guess just scared.

Anyone else in NC???

3. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Apr 22, 2010

Not in NC.... but that sounds like a nice move!!!

4. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Apr 22, 2010

Not in NC but from what I hear you are lucky because not many districts are hiring. My husband works in NC and while he doesn't know about the schools he might be able to tell about the area. He works in Burlington and he says it is nice and my friend is a teacher in the Winston Salem area and loves it. Both say everyone is very, very nice...of course I'm a southerner and I'll tell ya there is nothing like southern hospitality. I'm sure you and your family will love NC! :) Congrats!