My team is broken...

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by **Mrs.A**, Aug 16, 2009.

1. **Mrs.A**

**Mrs.A** Comrade

Aug 16, 2009

And I don't think it can be fixed..It's sad! :( We've only been in school three weeks and I can't see going through the whole year like this..Sigh!!

3. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Aug 16, 2009

Personality clashes?

It's hard when teams are broken.

4. **Mrs.A**

**Mrs.A** Comrade

Aug 16, 2009

Yes, personality clashes!! :( I'm in tears typing this... I love teaching, but I don't like the B.S.!! :mad:

5. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Aug 17, 2009

I'm sorry to hear that. It sucks when adults act more like kids than professionals themselves. Are you sure it's not something you guys couldn't sit down and hash out, maybe with someone in a mediator-type role?

I spent all day Friday in a team building workshop about the 4 different colors of personalities and our traits and how we can still get along even though they vary so much. Don't give up hope Mrs. A!

6. 1stGr8

1stGr8 Companion

Aug 17, 2009

Ugh... I feel for you. That's the worst. My first year it was horrible. The grade level used to have 5 teachers. 3 retired the same year and the two who were left were not fond of the three of us (the new teachers). It was constant problems. Honestly, now after several years, we all get along wonderfully and joke about that year. I hope it gets better. I remember the unnecessary stress and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

7. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Aug 17, 2009

It's really hard when that happens. I had a team like that once. It just got worse as the year went on. Admin didn't attempt to help us until it was too late. I would suggest sitting down with the entire team & the principal in a neutral territory and try & work things out.

It's too early in the year for this to go unresolved.

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 17, 2009

Describe the situation to us...if we have a clear idea of what you are faced with, maybe we can be of better help. :angel:

9. dunwool

dunwool Rookie

Aug 17, 2009

Oh no! I am sorry to hear this! Don't give up though!

Let us know what the situation is so that we can better understand what the specific problems are. Maybe that will help us give better advice.

We are here for you! :)

10. WITeach

WITeach Cohort

Aug 17, 2009

Ugh, that really stinks. :( It's hard to enjoy teaching when you don't enjoy the people you work with. I hope things get better for you!

11. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Aug 17, 2009

I'm so sorry, especially this early in the year its so discouraging. I hope it gets better as the beginning of the year stress wears off. Just focus on what you love- teaching, and your students. You will get through it :)

12. NJTeacher82

NJTeacher82 Rookie

Aug 17, 2009

OH NO! What happened? Is this your first year at the school?

13. TeacherC

TeacherC Connoisseur

Aug 17, 2009

I hope you can work things out!! Personality clashes are horrible, we have a few on our team as well but things haven't gotten out of hand...at least not yet! Maybe as the stress of the new school year starting dies down you can try to work together...Good luck! Let us know how we can help :)

14. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Aug 18, 2009

I'm going on year 4 of this same type...unfortunately mine has not improved and admin hasn't done a great deal to intervene. It is uncomfortable as all get out. I think the whole school knows about it. It's smile & nod all the time, and avoid each other at all costs. Collaboration is a joke. The minimum and that's it.

Sorry that you're dealing with this.

15. backtoclass

backtoclass Rookie

Aug 18, 2009

It's sad that this type of behavior happens with professionals who are in the position of being role models & teachers for children. I'm not trying to call anyone out, but this is one of the reasons I left teaching. When you dred your work environment it not only stresses you out, but it effects your ability to do your job.

16. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Aug 19, 2009

We had this problem several years ago, and it only stopped when the 'trouble maker' left to have a baby. Then it was blessed relief and the rest of us worked it out. It was the worst year ever. I am so sorry because it does ruin the year.