My teacher dreams have started!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by txmomteacher2, Jul 28, 2009.

1. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Connoisseur

Jul 28, 2009

A few weeks ago I had one but I don't remember what it was about. This morning I had another. This time I remember. I am going to be teaching first grade in the fall, in a new town and district. This morning's dream, I was teaching my first graders but because there were some 5th graders who appearently couldn't read they put them in my class for reading time. These boys were AWFUl!!!! They would talk back, call me names, and were mean to the other kids. My principal came in and watched me teach and well needless to say it was awful. He calls me to the office as I wake up. I wake up in a cold sweat, looked at the clock and then realized I had been dreaming. The even better part that I realized---- There are no 5th graders on my campus. It's only a k-3 campus. yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 28, 2009

:lol: txmom! At least you know it can't ever happen!!! I hate the dreams that *could* happen. I haven't had any yet. Just daydreaming what a typical day might look like for me.

4. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 28, 2009

I dreamed that the P kept coming in taking kids out and bringing different kids in. I couldn't ever learn their names or get all my stuff labeled. I would make nametags and eating charts and she would take/bring 5 more kids. :lol:

5. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Jul 28, 2009

All I have ever taught is 4th grade and this will be my seventh year teaching.

My dream was the day before school started by principal switched me to first grade. :eek: Not only that, the classroom was tiny and because of budget cuts and class size increases, I had 40 students. :eek:hmy: And to top it all off, my worst student from this past year was put all the way back in first grade and there she was in the midst of all these little ones! OMG!

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 29, 2009

Whew! I know you're relieved.

I've never once had any dreams involving teaching or school...yet.

7. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Jul 29, 2009

sorry, i know these dreams can feel so real. I am moving districts for the first time. I have been having some crazy, uneasy dreams since I am about to start work.
    The dreams will stop when you get in there and get used to the way things are.

8. TeacherMJ

TeacherMJ Comrade

Jul 30, 2009

My dreams have been off and on all summer!! I go back for inservice/training on Tuesday and so they've gotten more nightly!! Eeek!! Mostly just dreams of not being prepared, students talking, that sort of thing.

Last night I dreamed that I tried to get them to line up for dismissal and they just wouldn't listen, so by the time we got out of the classroom everyone had left the school!! Oh geeze...

9. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jul 30, 2009

In my latest dream, the school decided to take down the wall that connects my room to the biggest pack rat teacher I've ever met. Her stuff was flowing into my room and I couldn't see some of my kids. LOL

My dreams always stop when my room is done and everything is set. I think its an issue with my organizational/OCD problem. :lol:

10. teachsph2008

teachsph2008 Companion

Jul 30, 2009

I can't believe that in my latest dream, Obama showed up at my door one day! My students would NOT behave. He kept trying to calm them down. They were making fun of his ears! I tried to talk, but nothing would come out. Eventually he stormed off and left! I thought oh no, CNN headline-Teacher can't control her classroom!!!

11. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 30, 2009

That is so funny! Last year my kids were convinced that Obama was coming to our class for President's Day :lol:

12. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jul 30, 2009

that is the best dream I have ever heard. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

13. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 5, 2009

My dream last night was kind of awful, though I never knew the outcome.

I was at home and slept apparently until about 9:15 a.m. or so. This was perhaps the fifth day of school. I was home and okay at first, so I headed to a friend's birthday party. At about 12:00, a lightbulb went off in my head- Shoot! I really need to check up on my class! No plans had been left, and I was afraid they pulled in a substitute the last minute because I had not called in the morning (I should have known this was a dream by now because I would have gotten myself reamed in real life by now.). So I jumped in my car and sped off to school- I was frantic! When I arrived, the hallways were being decorated for some fall theme, and thankfully... it wasn't my actual school setting. It looked a lot more like the high school I went to. But apparently, the whole school was hyper that day because of the fall festival or whatever coming up...

I was running down the hallway in fear, getting closer, closer, closer to the door where my students were, probably raising havoc!

Suddenly...

The alarm clock went off, and it was over.

I love the Obama dream, by the way. :lol: