My summer job....2-5 yr. olds

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by educatingme, Apr 22, 2007.

1. educatingme

educatingme Companion

Apr 22, 2007

I will be responsible for planning activities and taking care of the 2-5 yr. olds at a local daycare. That seems like such a wide range of ability...how do I plan activities for 2 yr. olds all the way to 5 yr. olds?

I'm excited...but nervous. I know if I don't have plans, I'll get overwhelmed quickly...but, I'm not sure how to keep these guys busy from 7a.m. to noon each day!

Any suggestions? Websites? Advice? Experience?

3. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Apr 22, 2007

Are you working alone or would you have another teacher in the room?

4. Joyride

Joyride Comrade

Apr 22, 2007

Is this a home daycare? How big is the class going to be?

5. PreKdee

PreKdee New Member

Apr 23, 2007

Oh goodness! 2-5 all at once!? That's a crazy wide age range you've got!!! Because it's a summer program, I would suggest many "big" activities to keep them all entertained and not to bore the older, more advanced children. Things like water play days, bug and animal themes, etc. Good luck!

6. Maria79

Maria79 Rookie

Apr 23, 2007

wow. 2-5 year olds at once, that's a crazy age range of kids you have there.

How many kids will you have at one time in the room? & how many teachers will be with you?

I hope you answer my questions, as I will be better able to help you out with your question.

7. educatingme

educatingme Companion

Apr 23, 2007

It's our church/school daycare

There will probably be two other teachers with me...I'm not sure how or if the kids will be divided at all. I know it would make my life easier to have a smaller age range to work with...all I know is that I'm listed to be working with the 2-5's rather than the school-age kids. I'll try to get more info. During the school year (I used to work there before I took a new full-time position) there is 16-23 kids at a time. I'm assuming that will be the same? I'll post more info as I get it, because I'm a little concerned about teaching, entertaining and maintaining control...if I don't have a plan!