My Simple Plan

Discussion in 'Debate & Marathon Threads Archive' started by TeachOn, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Jul 2, 2013

Screw the road trip, somebody pass me the bottle of rum now.

2. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 2, 2013

I don't drink beer either...I'll have a few malibu and cokes...and some baked goodies. I'm not known for my cooking, so I'm bringing some snacks for the ride. I love PD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 2, 2013

Here's the recipe CzaCza....

Berry Patch Brownie Pizza

Crust
    1 package brownie mix
    1/3 cup chopped unblanched almonds

Topping
    8 oz. cream cheese
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
    1 pint strawberries
    1/2 cup each raspberries and blueberries
    vanilla chips, optional

Line 15" round baking stone with parchment paper. Prepare brownie mix according to directions. Add almonds if desired. Spread batter within 1 inch of stone. Bake 18-20 minutes at 375 or until set. Cool completely.

For topping, combine cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Chop up 1/2 cup of strawberries and add to mixture. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture on brownie and arrange sliced strawberries. Top with raspberries and blueberries. Grate vanilla chips over fruit is desired.

We may need two.

4. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jul 2, 2013

I'm in if you guys have time to swing by NY. I have a strawberry patch in case you want to make another batch of those brownies LOL How many professional developement hours can I get for this "educational" trip?

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 2, 2013

Looks yum, Texas!

6. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 2, 2013

Oh my goodness this sounds heavenly! You must bring it along for the trip.

7. PinkCupcake

PinkCupcake Cohort

Jul 2, 2013

I may or may not have a mason jar of a Malibu concoction right now as I read this thread. Just saying... :)

8. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Jul 2, 2013

You plan on sharing, yes?

9. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Jul 2, 2013

A LITTLE tweaking???:dizzy: 11 pages later is this is still posted in the General Education forum? I know I haven't been around for awhile, but I am confused about this whole thread. Isn't this more a teacher time out kind of thing?

I do find it disrespectful to the OP no matter what you feel about his plan. Perhaps I'm missing something, but not sure.

10. TeachOn

TeachOn Habitué

Jul 3, 2013

I have no interest in impressing you, none whatsoever, nor any of your tedious ilk, devoted as you evidently are to reliving your glory days in some middle school hegemony (Will you next be writing in a girls' room stall that I am a slut?), as such an interest would have to be based upon my respecting what you think. The fact of my Ivy League background was relevant to the discussion in which I mentioned it. The misspelling is the sort of thing that happens when one actually knows more than one language. You may be unfamiliar with the problem. As for my sesquepedalianism, expect that my only reaction to the notion that in the interest of sparing the feelings of dimwits and troglodytes one ought not to use the words one knows to be only floccinaucinihilipilification.

Only 26% of Americans feel that public education is doing a good or excellent job. 34% rate American education as poor. We are broadly held in contempt, rightly so, I think, to a disappointing extent. In this context, the sort of stupidity on view here - at a site allegedly, and what is worse perhaps actually, the best of its type - is irresponsible.

So no, I do not care if like or respect me, particularly as such ill-regard is at this point quite mutual. Nor will I be leaving: if any group ever needed a gadfly, this one does, and I am well-qualified for the job, as I am immune to your henhouse thuggery, and I am obviously the smartest s.o.b. in this particular saloon.

11. teacherman1

teacherman1 Devotee

Jul 3, 2013

Agree with everything you're saying here, TeachOn (except, maybe, the last sentence). I have a feeling that there are many (smart) teachers reading the more serious posts and getting a lot out of them. Let's call them the "silent majority". So I try to let the snide remarks fly by (it's hard) and continue plugging along because there's a lot going on in education that everyone should know about. There is no more important (or serious) issue in the country today.

Keep plugging :thumb:(and posting)
    Steve

12. jteachette

jteachette Comrade

Jul 3, 2013

To the OP: if you do not recognize a collective eye roll at your
    simple plan,the Ivy League has failed you.

Now, my simple plan is to go to one awesome concert tomorrow
    night.

13. greendream

greendream Cohort

Jul 3, 2013

Just a quick question to any mods that happen to be reading. Is this a rule that is actually enforced, or is it just a relic that happens to be on the books?

14. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 3, 2013

Who do you plan on seeing?
    The thread has all along been in the theme of 'a plan'...like all conversations, threads take twists and turns, greendream.

15. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Jul 3, 2013

I can't/won't speak for anyone else, but I am put off by your assumption that teachers who come here to discuss lesson plans, organization ideas, and to help new teachers are somehow inferior to you. I am more politically aware than many because of my husband's employment connections. That means that I don't automatically accept the ramblings of the union leadership, but that does not mean I want to spend my summer in an online argument that has no end in sight. I also don't wish to measure IQs by seeing who can use words with the most syllables.
    I come here to have friendly conversation, and to become a better teacher. I'm sorry that you feel the profession is lacking so much that you need to come here and yell at those of us who are just going to work every day trying to educate children.
    If you were in my classroom, I would not tolerate your behavior. It goes against my rule #1: Be Appropriate.

16. greendream

greendream Cohort

Jul 3, 2013

Nah. This is a textbook example of a hijacked thread. You'd have to have your tongue firmly in your cheek to pretend otherwise.

17. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Jul 3, 2013

This thread has run its course. If you want to continue the road trip please take it to chit chat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.