my room is done...almost

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by lcluigs03, Aug 5, 2008.

1. lcluigs03

lcluigs03 Cohort

Aug 5, 2008

well, i worked all day today and yesterday and probably tomorrow too, but it's SO close to being done.

with the thanks of someone on here (sorry can't find the post) i made the snoopy with the magnifying glass for my hallway BB. i am going to put colored feet with the names of my kiddos up tomorrow. then the banner will say, "Mrs. Smith's students are "clued" into a great year!" thank you so much to who ever it was that posted this suggestion...i was VERY stuck.

since i'm such a peanuts fan i made posters for reading and writing. my library is the "book beach" and has a large palm tree with charlie brown leaning on it reading a book and snoopy leaning on the other side taking a nap. IT IS SO CUTE! i also used sand paper for sand that they are sitting in. i might put little books everywhere with the kids names on them...not sure yet.

i am going to post pictures on my website as soon as i am 100% done and i will let you know when that is. :)

oh, i'm also doing centers based on debbie diller's ideas. i got my info from mrs. russ's website...she's awesome for posting all of that reproducible stuff on there. helped me out a lot!

along with centers i'm going a weekly tic tac toe board for lang arts and reading. they have to complete 3 out of nine to turn in, if they finish the 3 they MUST do more for extra credit...it's not going to be a choice...my kiddos last year would rather just sit and do nothing, so this year, i'm laying it on!!! :) lol. i'm excited about the tic tac toe though. :)

anyway, i'm just so excited to get done with everything that i had to share. teachers go back on the 13th and it looks like i'll have some free time to plan before then. whew! :)

smile!
    LC

3. ITeach4Him

ITeach4Him Comrade

Aug 5, 2008

This sounds SO cute! I was going to do Peanuts this year, but decided to go along with my partners and doing a theme. Good job!

4. Grace

Grace Companion

Aug 5, 2008

That sounds adorable! I cannot wait to see pictures. You must feel so relieved to be finishes!

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 5, 2008

Can't wait to see pics when its done!

6. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 5, 2008

I'm so glad you posted about Mrs. Russ! I just ordered DD's Literacy book today, and her site will be a HUGE help. Thank you so much!

7. thomps6

thomps6 Companion

Aug 5, 2008

Can someone send the link for Mrs. Russ's website? We are beginning the centers this year and any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!!! Happy Day!

8. JTeach619

JTeach619 Companion

Aug 5, 2008

www.mrsruss.com :p

9. thomps6

thomps6 Companion

Aug 5, 2008

Thank you!

10. lcluigs03

lcluigs03 Cohort

Aug 5, 2008

yay! i wanted to do it last year, but didn't find her site til the end of the year. so...hopefully i can do it this year with the help of our lit. coach! :)

LC