My New Class

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by KinderCowgirl, Nov 26, 2011.

1. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Nov 26, 2011

I posted about my new classroom-so I thought I'd post the pics. It hasn't been much of a relaxing holiday as both Wed, Fri and today I will have spent most of the day arranging and organizing. But we still had kids in our original classes up until last Tues (not fun to pack while you are still teaching) and have to be ready to go on Monday.

Still has some ways to go and we are still missing things like a carpet, etc. We can't hang anything on the walls :(. But I can't wait to see the kids' faces! :) Monday will be like the 1st day of school all over again-new rules, routines, things to work with. I have been preparing them for almost 2 weeks now for the changes, so fingers crossed-there won't be complete chaos.:whistle:

3. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Nov 26, 2011

I adore some of your new furniture already.

4. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

Nov 26, 2011

Stressful but so exciting!!! Looking at your pictures makes me incredibly excited for our construction to start. We just passed a bond and will be done in about two years! We had our initial meeting with the architect last week.

Enjoy!!

5. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Nov 26, 2011

Very nice! I bet the kids will be super excited.

6. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

Nov 26, 2011

aww how fun!!

7. Lanie

Lanie Cohort

Dec 14, 2011

Totally unrelated, but I love the Gingerbread Ethics post with the kiddos responses. What a cute idea! I love the answers. :)

8. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Dec 14, 2011

Thank you so much! I think they are finally starting to get the concept! We did ethics with the Grinch today.

9. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Dec 28, 2011

Oh gosh! I visit your blog all the time. I never connected that it was you. I love the green color. Congrats on the new place!

10. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Dec 28, 2011

Thank you so much Iheartrecess! That means a lot to me because I'm a big fan of your blog as well! ;)

We are getting settled in. The parents were impressed when they came to visit the last week. Just waiting on a carpet :whistle:. Whole group instruction is just not the same when the little wiggleworms can just mysteriously scoot around. They now know the phrase "up in my grill" :lol:-I have to keep asking them to move back! I turn around and have like 10 kids practically on top of me when I read a story-lucky I'm not claustrophobic.

The funny thing is I still say "go sit on the carpet" and they know exactly where to go-it's an invisible carpet!

11. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Dec 29, 2011

What a beautiful room. In ECE standards, putting up classwork is required. How does that fit in with nothing on the walls?

12. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Dec 29, 2011

Because of the material they used for the walls we are not allowed to hang anything up on them. They want it to still look like a "new" school years down the line-we can't staple, ticky-tac, tape-nothing.

I actually took this pic just after arranging the furniture, plus we were doing standardized testing the following week so nothing with words/numbers was allowed to be showing. I did put things on the doors to the cabinets-but other than the whiteboard, we don't have any other alternative. There is a small bulletin board in the hallway beside our door just for our class that has work on it.

13. skittleroo

skittleroo Connoisseur

Dec 30, 2011

What a great room - you did a great job. I know its a hard transition, but you are doing great!
    Jeannie

14. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Dec 31, 2011

Awww. Thanks so much Skittle! I really appreciate that!