My latest project

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Irishdave, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2011

I am working on a teacher's desk that doubles as a lectern/AV station. My Idea is to have a regular size desk but with a pop up desk top. It will pop up to standing height.
    Under the pop up top will be a shelf that can hold a projector and any computer peripherals.
    You can have it down for doing classroom work as modeling good work behavior or when you just need to sit at a desk.
    In the up position it acts as a large area lectern.
    It will be wired for Computer use (USB hub, internet if needed, and 120v, telephone if needed) it can have a file drawer or printer drawer. and if needed a PA system :lol:. it can be placed at the front of the classroom or at any teaching center, it could have casters if needed,
    [​IMG]
    I like the Idea of having a "work station" desk
    This is what retired shop teachers do when they have nothing better to do.™®©

3. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Jun 20, 2011

Sounds like a great idea. Hey, you can even try to sell your design to schools. :)

I wish had taken your class!. I always found carpentry and building things fascinating.

4. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Jun 20, 2011

This looks great! Very cool :)

5. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Jun 20, 2011

Oh.....I wish you were my retired shop teacher. I have so many projects I want to do for my classroom. A better sensory table, a big wooden standing loom for children to weave, a marble run, a water wall, outdoor chalk boards.....so many dreams and a busy husband who is better at cars than wood. I think I can, I think I can....