My Kids CRACK me up!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Mrs.Z., Mar 6, 2009.

1. Mrs.Z.

Mrs.Z. Companion

Mar 6, 2009

I bet your students say funny things as well. What makes you laugh/smile/be happy you work with kids instead of adults...

Today one of my darlings emphatically pronounced to the class (she's 5):

"I am now a vegetarian because it's disgusting and mean to eat farm animals. It's OK because I really like vegetables. Even potatoes because they are made out of french fries. And french fries are REALLY good."

This from a little girl who ATE the HAM all up (and asked for more 'chicken') the other day at our green eggs and ham celebration. Whoops!

I was cracking up!

3. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Mar 6, 2009

That is so cute. Potatoes come from French fries, cute.

4. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Mar 6, 2009

My cousin had the opposite opinion...when he was a kid he just LOVED french fries until somebody (the evil grandmother) pointed out that they were made from potatoes. He hasn't touched them since.

5. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 6, 2009

One of my little girls came in talking on her pretend cell phone. She paused for a moment and said to the class, "Would you all please be quiet? I'm talking on the phone!" She then continued her pretend conversation on her phone, paused again and said to another little girl, " I just LOVE your dress," and went right back to her phone talk.

6. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Mar 6, 2009

too cute

7. Kase

Kase Companion

Mar 7, 2009

Mine hardly talk since I teach 18 months- 2 years but the words they do say make me smile. I have one little girl that tries to say "bumblebee" but comes out "b**bie. She also says "fufferfy" for "butterfly". And what absolutely makes me smile is the way they say my name. My name is Kasey so it comes out as Ceecee or Tasey or Sasey. It's so cute

8. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 7, 2009

I love that age at our center. I see them every time I come downstairs(I work on 3rd. floor,) and can't help but stop and watch them play. I get to see them eating at lunch time and it is especially hilarious when they have food smeared all over their heads and faces, pudding, spaghetti, sometimes they are so tired they fall asleep in their high chairs before they're done eating!

9. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Mar 7, 2009

Each month we choose 2 students to receive a certificate and an ice cream for showing the community of caring ideals for the month. She told me after school, I feel like I just won American Idol!! It was so cute she was so excited!!

10. Kase

Kase Companion

Mar 7, 2009

Oh yeah, one of my kids fell asleep with his face in his plate. I had to carry him to his mat. They try so hard to eat with their spoon or fork but that other hand is just easier to pick stuff up and shove it in.

11. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Mar 7, 2009

One of my girls told me the other day that "My name is G___ A____ B____ so my initials are GAB, and that spells gab, and gab means talking and I like to talk A LOT!" (This all said in one breath!)

12. Kase

Kase Companion

Jul 7, 2009

So today, one of my 18 months old girl dumps her cereal and milk out all over the table. Another little girl who just recently turned 2 yells, "HOLY COW!" I was laughing so hard.

We have a cd with the theme song from Sesame Street on it. Well one of my little girls who is very vocal and talks very well tells me, "I watch Sunny Days at home." I love what goes on in their minds.

13. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 7, 2009

From the older kid contingency...

I was walking on Main Street last night, which is a popular place around here to hang out and walk around. Some cars had stopped for some pedestrians and one of the cars had a speaker in it, like a cop car would have, and they were harassing the people as they walked in front of the car - "I'm sorry ma'am, could you hurry up please? Walk faster! We have places to go!" My cousin and I were kind of laughing and thinking "What in the world??" When all the sudden through the speaker I hear "Hey, that's Ms. Silver! Yeahhhhhh Silver!!!!! Sil-VER Sil-VER sil-VER" They circled around and drove by me 3 times doing this. My cousin thought it was hilarious. lol. It was kind of funny.

14. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jul 8, 2009

This was several years ago when I taught Kindergarten. One of my kids, on the other side of the room, yelled "M. . just said f%&@! The child that said it is Cognitively Impaired. So, I leave my aid in charge of the classroom & M & I go for a walk. He's asking me what f%&@! is. I'm asking him where he's heard this word (his uncle). We get to the resource room to talk to his teacher. She asks him to show us what he means, he gets down in the frog position and jumps up and says "ribbit". He was trying to say FROG not f&@! We just cracked up. She then had the speech teach work on the "fr" sound with him.

15. TeacherMJ

TeacherMJ Comrade

Jul 8, 2009

Too cute!! :)

16. GlendaLL

GlendaLL Aficionado

Jul 8, 2009

In June, I was subbing in a kindergarten classroom. It was a warm, humid day. One little guy asked me if he could get a drink of water. I said - Sure, it's hot today, isn't it?

He said - No, I have the hook-ups! :)

17. janney

janney Cohort

Jul 9, 2009

Before we went on our field trip to the zoo we were talking as a class about how important it would be to stay with the class and what to do if someone tried to get them to leave the group. One little girl (Kinder) who was visiting from another class blurted out to the whole class, "THAT'S WHEN YOU KICK HIM IN THE *&%%$!!" At least she knows how to take care of herself. :lol:

18. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jul 9, 2009

This reminds me of when my 12 year old was in Pre-K and she stuck a pencil in her eyes. She went to school and told her teacher what happened and that her daddy had to put "drips" in her eyes.:D

19. Kase

Kase Companion

Jul 10, 2009

So yesterday, one of my little toddler girls went number 2 so I picked her up and told her we had to change her and she starts yelling, "¡Huele mamacita, huele mamacita!" (which is kind of an expression of smells). I was laughing so hard. She has become a parrot and repeats everything people say.