My Interview

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Jlyn07, Jul 15, 2009.

1. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Jul 15, 2009

I had an interview for a reading position Monday and I think it went really well! It was with the P, the AP and the AIS facilitator and the P liked to talk. They asked more questions about class management than actual reading but I handled them well. It's a low income school so I think they've had issues with special area teachers not being able to 'handle' the kids.

The one reading question they asked? What are the 5 elements of reading? And then the P says I'll give you one; I immediately said, no, you don't have to but he blurted out phonics and I rattled the rest off. They were literally impressed. I must have seemed shocked that they were so impressed because the P was like you'd be surprised at some of the answers we get to that question. I'm hoping that was a good sign!

Here's the problem: the position is dependent on another teacher moving out of state. They are 99% positive she will be leaving but she hasn't formally resigned yet so everything is waiting on her. They said it could be a week or it could be sometime in August. UGH. How am I going to make it that long without knowing? I don't want to call because the P already seemed annoyed that he couldn't just hire someone.

3. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 15, 2009

I hate that you have to wait... But at least with the 99% chance that the teacher is moving, you are almost assured a job. I know it is hard on you... you can't really count on it and it is hard on the P that wants to have someone in place. Wishing you luck!:)

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 15, 2009

Sorry about the waiting, but it sounds promising! Good luck!

5. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 15, 2009

Sounds like you had a great interview - hoping you don't have to wait long :)

keep us posted

6. Exclaimation Po

Exclaimation Po Habitué

Jul 15, 2009

I'll have my fingers crossed for you.

Let's all send strong "moving" thoughts to this teacher!

*move* *moove* *moooooove*

7. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jul 16, 2009

Sounds great! I hope this teacher formally resigns and you get some good news soon!

8. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 16, 2009

I hope you get good news soon! Sounds like a great interview :)

9. mom2alex

mom2alex Companion

Jul 16, 2009

It sounds like you did a great job in the interview. Hopefully they will hear from the teacher soon and they can hire you!!

10. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 16, 2009

Wow...sounds good. I wish you luck..

What a weird question though for an interview...kind of like a quiz...we don't quiz people on our hiring committee...We'd ask about teaching literacy but wouldn't have asked a question like that...good for you though for knowing 'the right stuff'.

Let us know what you find out. :thumb: