My Interview Yesterday

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by mom2alex, Jul 17, 2009.

1. mom2alex

mom2alex Companion

Jul 17, 2009

I think that the interview went well, but am a little confused as it was sort of different. I interviewed at a preschool for a pre-K position with one of the owners. She told me that it would be kind of crazy because she had to answer the phone and buzz people into the building. So, it was pretty casual and I liked that we just really chatted. She told me all about all of the requirements of the job and showed me the classroom. It was huge, the largest of the three pre-K classes and after we walked him she asked me if I would be intimidated by the size of the room. I told her no, that I loved the room. I was there for two hours but the actual interview part was like an hour an a half. She was taking care of other business the other time. She was really nice and said that she mainly dealt with the finance side of the business so she couldn't go into great detail about the education part. She asked me to tell her about myself and my experience with children that age. She also asked if I saw myself as a nurturer or someone that is structured in terms of teaching because they like to pair their teachers with an opposite minded teacher assistant. So, basically I feel like I did a good job but really I just listened and made small comments about the requirements of the job. She said that they should have a decision by this afternoon or by the latest on Monday because everyone is suppose to meet on next Thursday to get to know each other. The other owner called while we were in the interview to ask her what she thought and she told her that she was still talking with me. The other owner is the one that had called me to set it up. So, have you guys any been on an interview like this or what are your thoughts? I am hoping they call!!

3. krysmorgsu

krysmorgsu Cohort

Jul 17, 2009

If you ask me, she liked you considering the amount of time she took. I'd never interview someone for that long if I didn't think they could be hired. And seeing the classroom seems to be a good sign, too! Good luck!

4. l8ybugmom

l8ybugmom Groupie

Jul 17, 2009

Sounds promising! Good luck...Keep us posted!

5. mom2alex

mom2alex Companion

Jul 17, 2009

Thanks guys! I am still waiting but it isn't quite afternoon yet, lol. I hope that she liked me krysmorgsu especially after I spent so much time there. She basically was reading off of a pre-K contract and explaining some things. She also told me several stories so there were many tangents and not much of what I consider interviewing going on. I am still praying that call comes today telling me the job is mine.

6. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Jul 17, 2009

I agree that the length of your interview is a good sign! She wouldn't have wasted two hours if she didn't like you - good luck, I hope they call!

7. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jul 17, 2009

Let us know how it turns out -- we all already have the feeling you cinched it :)

8. mom2alex

mom2alex Companion

Jul 17, 2009

Still waiting. It seems like I am more nervous waiting to find out than before the interview. She did say it might be Monday but sounded more confident about it being this afternoon. Trying not to think about it, but it's hard.