My interview went really well!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by meatball77, May 20, 2007.

1. meatball77

meatball77 Comrade

May 20, 2007

I had an interview yesterday that went really well. They had me interview with a teacher and then they sent me out in the hall to wait and then they sent me to talk to the principal. She seemed very interested and all but said that she would hire me as soon as she can at the end of the school. It's a K-8 position which has me teaching kids a little older than I'm comfortable but it's much much closer than all the other schools I've interviewed at (by half an hour). I asked her if she wanted me to give her a call if someone else offered me a job and she said yes. So, hopefully when the school year is over (not sure when it ends here in MI) she'll offer me a contract and I'll be all set.

3. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

May 20, 2007

Congrats!! Sounds really positive! Is it a position you really wanted?

4. meatball77

meatball77 Comrade

May 20, 2007

It's not really perfect position-wise. The middle school part is kinda scary, I'd only have them once a week though and it would be a nice challenge to write curriculum for a new age group. However, I think if it's my perfect position an hour away vs a less perfect position half an hour away the closer one wins.

5. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

May 20, 2007

I'm with you on proximity. My husband and I commuted an hour away each in opposite directions (2 hrs apart from each other). Neither of us liked all that driving. We love where we are now where I am the furtherest and I am 15 min from work (30 during traffic). I went back and reread you original post. You answered some of that already. Oops.

6. meatball77

meatball77 Comrade

May 20, 2007

The job market is weird for me here in MI. They're cutting jobs and there are too many people interviewing yet they seem to have a real need for music teachers. So much that when I admit that I won't be able to do the job perfectly (middle school) they're still happy.

I won't feel comfortable till I sign a contract.

7. WonderW05

WonderW05 Comrade

May 20, 2007

Congrats Metball77!
    Just wondering did they ask you a question about how you would communicate with a students parents who were non english speaking?
    I have an interview this week and I thought I would ask you and the others.

Best of Luck:angel:

8. meatball77

meatball77 Comrade

May 20, 2007

They didn't ask that one. The school is 98% african american, so non-english speakers isn't an issue. It's been the same at all the schools that I've interviewed at.

They did ask me how I would deal with difficult parents and how I would deal with kids who are two and three years below grade level and not special ed.