My interview tonight was terrible!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by tripletsteacher, May 28, 2008.

1. tripletsteacher

tripletsteacher Companion

May 28, 2008

I just got back from my interview and very disappointed in myself! I have spent the last 5 days practicing for this interview. I did not celebrate Memorial Day or anything with my family because I was too busy preparing. It was all situational questions basically. I felt I took too long to answer and my answers did not come out quite right. I did ask my questions at the end. They said to hopefully make a decision by Friday. ONe of the questions I asked was something about: If I were a teacher here, would I be trained for curriculum mapping. The one princiapal I toured with accidentally said: When you are hired and then stopped herself and jokingly said to the panel__ok someone else take over. Maybe she was thinking that and it accidentally came out. I felt it did not go very well. My carefully prepared answers did not sound near like they did when I prepared. I am chalking this one up as experience.
    I still need to write five thank you letters. Do I call the school tomorrow to ask the names of the three out of the five that I can not remember? Thanks for all of your support the last week!

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 28, 2008

Its probably not as bad as you think it went. I would call the school tomorrow. And if they are wanting to make a decision by Friday, I would email the thank yous b/c if you mail them, they might not make it there in time.

4. heart4kids

heart4kids Rookie

May 28, 2008

Have you checked the school's website? That's how I got the names of the interview committee last year when I was interviewing. Best of luck...people know you are nervous and understand when your answers aren't perfect. Keep us posted.

5. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

May 28, 2008

It probably didn't go as bad a you think it did. Good luck, hopefully you'll get good news soon!

6. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

May 28, 2008

I agree that it probably didn't go as badly as you feel it did. Definitely check the website or call tomorrow for the names. Next time- write them down! You will be glad you did:)

I agree with stg that emailing is best for a quick turn around. Good luck with everything!!!!

7. EMonkey

EMonkey Connoisseur

May 28, 2008

I would walk in the thank you cards, put them in the people's mail boxes. It will remind them of who you are in a positive way. Also if they are not going to hire you they may just tell you on the spot. Do not e-mail them, if one of them is not an active e-mail user it could irritate them.

I have found every interview I thought went very well I didn't get the job, almost any interview I walked away from feeling nervous or like it didn't go very well; I have been offered the job. Go Figure..

8. MicrobeFan

MicrobeFan Rookie

Jun 3, 2008

9. merigold78

merigold78 Cohort

Jun 4, 2008

I think everyone on here has at some point had (at least what they perceived to be) a "bad" interview. Hang in there and don't get too down on yourself. I agree w/the other posters that you should definitely get your thank u's in A.S.A.P. I am crossing my fingers and toes for you - GOOD LUCK!!!! :)

Meri