My husband just won an ipad!!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by zoey'smom, Jul 17, 2010.

1. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Jul 17, 2010

We got a call last night saying my husband won an ipad. His mom signed his name on some tickets and he won. We are really excited, but I don't know much about them. I am so use to using my PC at home and at school, I don't know if I will be able to figure this thing out. Does anyone have one or know anything about them? I am really clueless. Anything you can tell me about it would be great. Thanks

3. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jul 17, 2010

Woah, major jealous here. You will love it. It's not intended to replace a laptop/desktop, but from what I understand is a web-surfing gadget.

4. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Jul 17, 2010

My boyfriend is in love with his...
    We both have iPhones...it's like a giant one, really...
    He mainly uses it for work emails, and playing games. You can download word processor apps...but not the same as real computer. Is it wifi or 3G? 3G you will need data plan if not in a wifi area and want to use Internet/email features.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 17, 2010

Not a clue, but Congratulations!!

6. bandnerdtx

bandnerdtx Aficionado

Jul 17, 2010

That's awesome! I don't know anything about them, but how cool that he won! :)

7. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Jul 17, 2010

It is super easy to use once you get the hang of it. Mr mom(not technology savvy by any means) loves hers.

8. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jul 17, 2010

Congrats!!!

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 17, 2010

Congrats!

10. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Jul 21, 2010

Well we got the ipad on Sunday, but I can't get it to hook up to the internet. My wi fi won't let it or something and I need a password. The password I thought it was won't work. Any sugestions? Please help, my husband said he is going to put it for sale if I can't get it working by Monday. When I turn it on and go to settings I click on wi fi and there is my name, I click on it and it wants the pass word. I think I can use it for school if I can just get it going. Thanks as always for your help.

11. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jul 21, 2010

Acck....don't sell it. He will be sold once he plays on it a while. I wish I was at home with my techie husband. I'm in college dorms at the moment. The problem seems to be not knowing your wifi password. I don't, off hand, know how to retrieve that. Who set up your wifi? Just to play with it, why not go to a coffee shop or some place that advertises free wifi for its customers. Verify it works, get hooked then go home and figure it out. I warn you, I couldn't use mine at work because I don't have wifi at work. I don't know if you can purchase a monthly internet plan or not. I have the iTouch which seems to be a smaller version of the iPad. I play a lot of games on my iTouch. There are soooo many free games in the app store.

12. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Jul 21, 2010

Thanks, but only one problem we live in a small down no coffee shops with wifi. I have been working on it all day but no luck.