My husband is in seventh heaven!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by swansong1, Apr 28, 2010.

1. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Apr 28, 2010

He absolutely hates yard work and has been saying for years that he wants to move into a condo. Well, a teacher friend's husband has started a lawn business and we hired him. He came today for the first time...my husband is still saying that this is the best money he has spent in years! He keeps going outside to look at the yard. Even plopped himself out there til dark admiring someone else's handiwork!!

3. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Apr 29, 2010

I am with you. I hate housework and just called my old cleaning service to come every other week. I also take DH's shirts to the cleaners, because I also hate ironing. What a difference it makes in my general mood.

4. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Apr 29, 2010

BF hinted that maybe I could mow our lawn since he is having trouble getting it down before it gets dark outside. I made it clear several times yesterday that there was no way I was doing it - I had too much school work and too much house work to do.

Well I came home and it was nice out and I thought maybe I would surprise him and at least get part of it done.

I haven't cut the lawn in 15+ years. Went from living with my parents, where my brother usually did it, to living in apartments. We had a huge yard and a riding mower when I was a kid, so I had no idea what to do with the push mower, and it is very flat in Delaware, so I had no idea what to do with our sloping yard, either. By the time I got the tiny patch on the side of the house done, my back was in excrutiating pain, but I dragged it up to do the front. After all that, I got half of one strip done in the front yard and the darn thing ran out of gas. What a fiasco!

Well, I tried to be nice! lol I think he appreciated the thought

5. kimrandy1

kimrandy1 Enthusiast

Apr 29, 2010

I've had a cleaning service for almost 10 years. Best thing I've ever done for myself. DH finally gave in this year and hired someone to do our lawn....and can't believe he didn't do it years ago. It frees up so much time on the weekends for our family, and frankly, the service does a MUCH nicer job than DH ever did!

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 30, 2010

Wow, I can't believe certain men wouldn't mind if their lady went out & did the yard work while their lazy butts stands by & watch. No offense to anyone, but I'll never understand that concept. In my book, if a man is physically able, there's just certain house chores he should always do.

7. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Apr 30, 2010

The fairest way to split house and yard chores in my opinion is by who enjoys what most (or who hates doing what the least). If the lady loves yard work and the man hates it, I don't see what's wrong with having her do the yard work. An example is: I enjoy doing the dishes and both my wife and son can't stand doing them, so I am the designated dish washer. (I'm also a lot more thorough than them and can't stand the feeling of grabbing a half-rinsed plate or greasy fork. Best way to avoid that is to do them myself. ;))

8. Major

Major Connoisseur

Apr 30, 2010

Ms. I, in my book, it's good exercise for a woman to mow the grass, weed the garden, etc........ just as long as she still has time to fetch a beer for her man so he doesn't have to get out of his hammock........:lol::lol::lol::lol:

(ok, before you ladies out there jump all over me we have a full lawn service..... and a maid who comes in at least once a week.........:D:D:D)

Major........:):):)

9. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Apr 30, 2010

I spend $50/month for lawn services and I think it's money well-spent!

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 1, 2010

See, just as I thought...lazy! :lol:

11. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

May 3, 2010

Back in the day we had a corner lot. One time I started mowing and did one "row" across the front and down the side I came in the house, my wife took one look at me and pushed me into the car and took me to the ER, I passed out on the way, my allergies prevents me from mowing.

That's my story and I am sticking to it, really

12. mandagap06

mandagap06 Devotee

May 3, 2010

I am lucky right now ...I don't have to worry about that!! I still live @ home and my dad does our yard. If he is working overtime shifts then he will occasionally ask a guy my age from church to do it and he will. I joked about helping him out once and he said....NO!!!