My Grade 8 Class

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MrsC, Jun 12, 2010.

1. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jun 12, 2010

I'm sitting here, marking writing assignments and working on report cards (and avoiding cleaning up the house for my mom's visit this afternoon), and am feeling emotional. I haven't kept it a secret that I love the grade 8 students in my split grade 7/8 class this year. They are polite, responsible (most of the time), helpful, funny as all get-out, and very bright! There hasn't been any "girl drama" for the entire year! They are a rare breed--the "cool" factor is marks. They happily compete with each other to see who can get the highest mark on an assignment, who can come up with the best sentence, who can be the first to make me go, "WOW"! We joke around and laugh every, and they work their behinds off to impress me. Discipline is never a problem, they know where the "line" is and they have never crossed it. While I am looking forward to the summer, I am so sad that I only have a couple more weeks with them (and they are gone for 3 days on an overnight trip next week) before they graduate and head off to high school. :(

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 12, 2010

Those were my geometry kids this year!

I LOVE my sophs. Some of them have had me 3 of the past 4 years (Math 7, Algebra and Geometry) and are begging me to teach them again next year. (We still don't know what we're teaching next year, but I have no reason to think I'm teaching Algebra II & Trig.)

Kids like them just make teaching such FUN!

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jun 12, 2010

I'll probably feel this same way at the end of next year when my 7th graders will be leaving for the 9th grade center.

5. glen

glen Companion

Jun 12, 2010

That was my 8th graders this year, too. They were just great, worked hard, and enjoyed everything we did. I'm going to miss them terribly next year. They graduate on Monday, and have already made plans to come back during the week!

6. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Jun 12, 2010

My APUSH class this year is a group of kids many of whom I've had since they're Freshman. I'm glad I've got to seen them grow into great individuals. I'll miss them.

7. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jun 12, 2010

That's great that you had such a wonderful group MrsC. I'm sure they'll be sad to leave you as well.

8. FourSquare

FourSquare Fanatic

Jun 12, 2010

I had me a good cry when I left school on the last day. I'm moving far away, so I wont see any of my kids ever again, but I told them they were wonderful and I hope they know I care.