My First Week

Discussion in 'Paraprofessionals' started by toiatoi, May 11, 2013.

1. toiatoi

toiatoi Rookie

May 11, 2013

I just happened to start work during Teacher Appreciation Week haha. So I came home with gifts every day and had an AWESOME lunch yesterday.

But my first week went absolutely awesome. The kids are great. The teacher did a really good job at the beginning of the year with procedure. They are very well behaved. They are too sweet too. This one little girl gives the teachers random gifts every day. Like a used pencil, old candy, etc. LOL. Yesterday she gave me a bouncy ball and a hug :)

All of the staff has been great as well. I told my husband it is great to wake up and be happy to go to work. I was miserable in my last job and this is such a breath of fresh air. My teacher has been amazing and super helpful. I think we are going to make a great team!

I just had to post this because I don't know many people who would actually care about the details haha. Thanks for reading!

3. teresaglass

teresaglass Groupie

May 11, 2013

Welcome to the forum! It is nice you love your new job! The kids are usually the ones that appreciate paras. It is good your teacher is nice. It really makes a difference.

4. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

May 21, 2013

That sounds amazing!!! I love First Graders.

I love where I am as well. Wonderful teacher, supportive school system, etc. and Teacher Appreciation Week was really special..home made cards, flowers, chocolate!!! Kindergarten has been so much fun :D

Congrats to you!!!!

5. teresaglass

teresaglass Groupie

Aug 14, 2013

First week at high school

I mostly have science classes. The history and biology teachers are great. I am trying to figure out a way to avoid being assigned to file the students classwork. I am supposed to be helping students but one chemistry teacher has me act as her gofer. I do not mind doing this some of the time, but I should be helping the kids. I went to my boss about this situation last year with the same teacher and I was told to do whatever she assigned.

6. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 22, 2013

Next week is my first week and I am full time and we have realllly good benefits. We are also on salary too.