My first teaching interview

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by calliope30, Aug 10, 2005.

1. calliope30

calliope30 New Member

Aug 10, 2005

Hello. I am new to this site. I have an opportunity to teach kindergarten at a private school in Las Vegas. I have a BA in English and my MA is in American Studies. I never took any education courses in college but I have been told since I have a Masters degree I am being considered for this position. If hired, I will be team teaching with a veteran teacher. Any tips for my interview? thank you in advance.

3. leslye

leslye Rookie

Aug 10, 2005

I bought a book on teacher interviews, which helped, but the internet gave me the most ammo I needed to land a job. I wrote down the most popular questions and my answers and studied them like crazy just like I would for a test. Search "teacher interviews" and you'll find a lot of good advice and what to expect. Also, go to the school's website and see what types of strategies and programs they use. Knowing about those things will give you an edge. Good luck!

4. WITeach

WITeach Cohort

Aug 10, 2005

Try this website:

http://members.aol.com/amberp813/Interview.html

This link was given to me in an Employment Strategy class I took in college. I've had quite a few of the ?s on that website. The bottom has a link for Kindergarten ideas so you might want to check that out. Be ready to answer questions about working in a team and how you would utilize your partner teacher.

Hope this helps :)

5. pammylove

pammylove Rookie

Oct 24, 2005

WOW! This website is neat! Now I've got all these hypothetical Qs. Gotta figure out some good answers by tomorrow. :eek:

Any other math-related situational interview Qs??