My entire body aches

Discussion in 'General Education' started by msrosie, Aug 21, 2014.

1. msrosie

msrosie Rookie

Aug 21, 2014

I don't know what it is, and I've never felt this way when subbing or teaching my preschoolers before, but for whatever reason this time I ache so badly. Like all my major muscle groups.

It's so strange. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Do you ache after a day at school?

3. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Aug 21, 2014

I used to when I was teaching in a more traditional setting, especially during the first few days. Try taking a hot bath, possibly with a glass of something potent, or at least two ibuprofen. If the aches persist, especially if you have other health issues, perhaps consider seeing a doctor.

4. MissyB

MissyB Rookie

Aug 21, 2014

I right there with you. I am so sore and exhausted at the end of everyday but I never felt that way during my student teaching, even though I was always joining in during pe and recess. I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I can take a nice relaxing bath and enjoy a good drink.

5. msrosie

msrosie Rookie

Aug 21, 2014

Catnfiddle - I thankfully have no other health issues, just achy hopefully being so tense all day.

MissyB - So glad I'm not the only one! When I was teaching preschool, I played with three and four year olds all day and never felt this sore!

6. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Aug 21, 2014

I do at the beginning of the year for a few days when I'm not used to it. It goes away in about a week.

7. ECE ABC

ECE ABC Comrade

Aug 21, 2014

Ohh yes, every year!

When I go back next week, I know I will be feeling it. I'll be exhausted and my body will ache all over....and I am sure I will be needing a nap at 4pm everyday as well:haha:

8. missrebecca

missrebecca Comrade

Aug 21, 2014

Yeah, that has happened to me before, but I could attribute it to other health problems. I mean, there is the normal tired/achiness from standing all day, but then there is being TIRED and ACHY. If you've never felt that bad before, you might want to see a chiropractor or change something in the way you exercise/eat. Maybe you were doing something differently when you taught preschool?

9. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 22, 2014

There is no exhaustion (physical and mental) like the exhaustion you feel during the first week or two of school.

10. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Aug 22, 2014

Exactly. I'm often exhausted which leads to migraines as my main source of pain.

11. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Aug 22, 2014

That's the kind of pain I usually have in the first week. Headache, sore jaw from clenching, and stiff shoulders. Glad I have a run with a friend scheduled for Saturday morning.

12. HorseLover

HorseLover Comrade

Aug 22, 2014

Yes

Yep, I've felt it before too. I think it is a combination of the tension/stress (even if it's not "bad stress" the first week is still stressful) and also all the standing/walking that I'm not used to yet (which I think transfers through my body so it's not just sore feet).

13. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

Aug 23, 2014

This is me! :love: