My End of the Year Program was so easy!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by KLSSwimmer, May 23, 2010.

1. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

May 23, 2010

Okay, so I have been meaning to post about this for a week or so, but the end-of-the year craziness got in the way.

For my kindergarten class, we did an end-of-the year program. For Christmas, we did a big shin-dig where we learned five songs, etc. However, for the end-of-the-year program, I just felt that there wasn't time. I was trying to think of an easy thing to do with my students that wouldn't take much time, but would also be enjoyable for the parents. Ultimately, I decided to just have the kids to the songs that we do everyday. The parents loved seeing their students do their favorite songs, and even better, it was easy for me!

I asked the students think of their favorite "move and groove" song that we have done this year. We made a list of them on the board. Then, after a list of about 30 songs :rolleyes:, we narrowed the list down to our top ten. This was our program for our end-of-the year program.

The program turned out great! The kids loved the songs, so they did well performing them, and the parents loved seeing the kids do songs that we do on a regular basis.

Hope this can help someone! At this time of the year, it is all about keeping it simple!

3. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

May 23, 2010

Congrats! We are doing a performance this week for Spirit week.

4. cityfrog6

cityfrog6 Comrade

May 23, 2010

That sounds great! Glad they enjoyed it. :)

5. Newto3rd

Newto3rd Companion

May 23, 2010

Love that! I think I'm going to call my song time "move and groove" next year. Love it!

6. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

May 24, 2010

My students love to move and groove! :)

7. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

May 24, 2010

Awesome! We do little songs now and then for different science topics. I'd like to incorporate more next year :)