My DRAMA this morning

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Caesar753, May 12, 2009.

1. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 12, 2009

Here's an email that I had to send to a colleague this morning.

-snip-

As I attempted to leave the school grounds this morning due to a family emergency, I found your white Expedition parked illegally behind my car in the faculty lot in the back of the building. I was forced to return to the building in order to ask a secretary to contact you and ask you to move your car. When the secretary called you, I heard you (over the speakerphone) admonish me for having parked in a legal space.

This is not the first time I have seen your vehicle double parked in the faculty lot. Please be advised that should this occur in the future, I will not afford you the courtesy of having the opportunity to move your vehicle. Instead, I will contact the school police directly and ask that they ticket and tow your illegally-parked vehicle.

I arrive at school early so that I can find a spot in that lot. I advise you to do the same if you intend to continue parking there. If you prefer to arrive later, there are a number of open, legal spaces available in the main faculty lot in the front of the building.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns about this matter.

-snip-

I also CCed my supervising administrator and one of the school police officers.

Does it sound too snarky? Not that I'm worried....She's lucky that we aren't allowed to use profanity in our emails. She would have gotten quite a gem from me if we could.

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

May 12, 2009

Doesn't sound too snippy at all--I can only imagine what I would say if I wasn't censored! (This person reminds me of some of our parents who park 3 across in the Kiss-and-Ride (effectively blocking anyone from driving through) and complain to the office if they are ticketed by the by-laws officer!

Hope everything is alright.

4. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

May 12, 2009

You were terse but correct in your email. She's in the wrong and was snippy on top of it. How can she justify complaining about your LEGAL parking?

5. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

May 12, 2009

I hate white Expeditions.

6. tb71

tb71 Cohort

May 12, 2009

I think you handled the situation the way it needed to be handled. I'm glad you stood up for yourself! Good job!

7. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 12, 2009

:rolleyes:

Here's her response:

-snip-

I'm so glad we are so pleasant to one another here. Actual officer F has told me I could park there because I always have someone move my car very soon after I arrive I have never had a problem with anyone before. I'm not sure why you say I admonished you, I was just wondering why someone was leaving so quick after school started because I knew someone was already on their way to move my car, so I was being light - hearted. I'm sorry for your family emergency, I know that is always scary, but I don't think we have to be so unpleasant to one another. I will be sure not to block you again.

-snip-

8. sk8enscars311

sk8enscars311 Companion

May 12, 2009

Hmmm... what does she mean she always has someone move her car? Is it valet parking or something?

9. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 12, 2009

:lol:

Yah, isn't valet service offered at YOUR school?

Actually, she gets one of the hall monitors to move it. I thought that their job was to, you know, monitor the halls...but evidently it includes valet parking services as well.

10. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

May 12, 2009

I wish we had valet parking here! That would be fantastic :) Hope you don't have to deal with this person on a daily basis.

11. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

May 12, 2009

So why doesn't she just come early and get a parking space!?

12. blessedhands

blessedhands Comrade

May 12, 2009

LOL!:lol::lol:

Umm she knows that she is wrong making up all these excuses.

Still aughing at the valet parking at the school.:haha:

13. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

May 12, 2009

And here I thought your district was hurting for money, and you apparently still have enough funds to offer valet parking! You'd think that they'd apply some of that money to reduce class sizes. I guess that's a lower priority though :lol:.

14. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

May 12, 2009

LOL
    She was rude to "chastise" you. oh brother. She just wants to have the last word and "be pleasant" about it! :lol:

well; at least you got through to her. :)

And by the way, I wish WE had valet parking. :blush: hehe

15. bluelightstar

bluelightstar Companion

May 12, 2009

Considering she apologized (however insincere it may appear to be), I see little reason to continue chastising her.

But I'm kidding. I would have been angry to find another teacher parked behind me if I had to leave. ;)

16. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

May 12, 2009

Some people think they are above the law and can do whatever they want. Hopefully next time she will park behind a really mean and nasty person and then see how she responds!!

17. Jem

Jem Aficionado

May 12, 2009

Hmm... if you really wanted to dig her (and I'm not usually the vengeful type), you could post the body of her e-mail on a 'sign' by the mailboxes with the title: New benefits! Valet parking! See so-and-so for details!.

I'm sure others have noticed her parking habits as well, and would probably get a good laugh out her explanation.

18. teacherpippi

teacherpippi Habitué

May 12, 2009

Question... where do they move it TO and why can't she park it there herself when she gets there? :confused:

19. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

May 12, 2009

Is the family emergency OK?

20. pxydst07

pxydst07 Comrade

May 12, 2009

she sounds like my students!

I can't stand it when people are so clearly wrong and try to justify it! I have a classroom full of little people like that! Nothing is ever their fault. You did the right thing! Good for you. Someone needed to put her in her place!
    Gosh all I want in my room is working lights and a bulletin board that isn't falling off the wall. I'm putting in a work order for lack of valet services! :)

21. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 12, 2009

Hope your emergency turned out ok...

Why not forward the email response your to supervising administrator and the school police officers to let them know 'the matter has been resolved'...Would be interesting to see how they respond to that one...
    :whistle:

22. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

May 12, 2009

I think your email was entirely appropriate for the situation... and I think hers shows an immediate backpedal while sniping right back. "I'm glad we can be so pleasant here"? And the implied tone that it's somehow YOUR fault for having an emergency right after school started?

And I think you should do what czacza said... :lol: I'd love to see admin's response to that one!

Or maybe you should get to school later tomorrow morning and double park her in... then stay really late :)

23. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

May 12, 2009

I love how she says she won't park your car in again - not necessarily that she won't double park anymore.

Isn't grand the way some people just make their own rules. I really like Jem's idea - vengeful, but really funny.

I once had a co-worker tell me I should park in the back of the lot (I am often one of the first to arrive in the morning) to avoid being parked in. It was the second time I had to have the office call her room and ask her to move her car well after the end of the day. Oh, I forgot to move it. Guess everyone could use some valet parking!

24. Bored of Ed

Bored of Ed Enthusiast

May 12, 2009

The worst part about people like this is that they tend to have way too many friends, are easy to tick off, and the combination of those two can get you in real trouble... It's been like that since kindergarten and only gets worse in grownupland...

25. Muttling

Muttling Devotee

May 12, 2009

umm....Why do the e-mail exchange thing? IME, e-mail only serves to bolster conflict instead of achieving a resolution.

What every happened to simply talking to a coworker when you have an issue?

26. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 12, 2009

I just felt more comfortable this way. Plus I wanted a record of the conversation for my supervising administrator.

27. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 12, 2009

Cassie, I hope that the family emergency worked out okay. But I do agree with czacza about forwarding her email on.

28. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 12, 2009

And yes, everything turned out fine with my husband. He's home now. We spent the afternoon sleeping off our stress.

29. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

May 12, 2009

Yep, I forwarded both the messages to my admin. :)

30. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

May 12, 2009

We have valet parking. It's called a tow truck.

31. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

May 12, 2009

Crazy that people expect you to accommodate them when they are inconsiderate :dizzy:

32. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

May 12, 2009

Let us know if there is a response from them!! :thumb:

33. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

May 12, 2009

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

34. BioAngel

BioAngel Science Teacher - Grades 3-6

May 12, 2009

You know I see this happening in my school parking lot and I just pray to God those people actually have agreed to do that.

Sorry for this nonsense!!!

35. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

May 12, 2009

Woah, having a hall monitor move one's car?! I've never heard of such a thing. It kills me knowing how certain teachers can get away w/ such murder! I can't believe this teacher trusts someone else to move her car...& what if the person accidentally has a little accident (hits something while moving it)?

Email...gotta love it! I do. It's great being able to have conversations documented in writing to CC others & if the need arises, you can bring printouts & have proof.

36. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

May 12, 2009

:lol: becky!

37. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

May 12, 2009

Just think. If I worked at your school, there would always be one more parking spot.

38. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

May 13, 2009

For some reason, I'm picturing that she looks like Meryl Streep in "The Devil Wears Prada" (maybe a bit more tacky), and she strolls in and tosses her keys to some lackey as she's talking on her red designer cell phone, (the lackey snivels as she shuffles down the hallway to the parking lot), she gets the call from the office and tries to save face by making an ugly comment that she doesn't know can be heard. Then when the e-mail arrives, she slams down her Starbucks and complains about it to her clique of "aerobicized friends", who all mutter in horror, then she says "Fine! See how you like this!" and types in a quick fakey response.

Have fun imagining all the lovely things you could do to such a dim self-centered twit.

Fake tickets? Fine being "loss of valet service".

39. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

May 13, 2009

I would just start calling the office with an issue the hall monitor needs to resolve in my hallway every day. lol

40. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

May 13, 2009

Sorry, but I'm not clear on this. Is the hall monitor a student?

41. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

May 14, 2009

Has your principal reacted at all to the forwarded email? I'd think there would be some fallout to the inappropriate use of a hall monitor as a valet UNLESS the offending teacher has a medical excuse that doesn't allow her to walk to and from her parking spot.