My dilemma

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by msrosie, Aug 24, 2014.

1. msrosie

msrosie Rookie

Aug 24, 2014

There are still so many positions open in my state, but I'm not in a place where I could afford to move right now and I have no one who could help potentially help me financially. So I'm seeing all these amazing in state and out of state positions crop up, but I sit here like I can't apply for that because how would I even get there. It's disheartening that that is what keeps me from applying for some truly amazing positions.

I'm really hopeful that subbing and working a second job this year will finally get me to a place where if I don't already have a position by next years hiring season, I can move if that's what I need to do.

3. Flighty Zeus

Flighty Zeus New Member

Aug 24, 2014

I agree with HeartDrama. Just apply. I have in interview wednesday for a teaching job 3 hours away from my house. I will not be able to commute, I'll have to move out there. This means living away from my husband for most of the school year, but if I can get a teaching job, it will be worth it.

4. FaithDriven

FaithDriven Rookie

Aug 25, 2014

I was actually just in your position a year ago. I was in California and applying for jobs in Houston, TX. For me, there were more opportunities in Texas and better cost of living. I had no place to live and not much money but I knew I wanted to get there. I started getting a lot of calls for interviews late in the summer but ended up putting things off until I could save money. Over the past year I worked 2 jobs and saved as much as I could, which still wasn't much. I was hired this year and just moved to Houston a little over 2 weeks ago. I've had to use credit cards and rent a room just to make it work but I'm here. I am still counting down until my first payday on Friday. lol There are some banks that offer teacher loans to help cover the cost of relocating and getting through to the first paycheck. There are ways of making it work! Even on a very slim budget. Honestly, every little concern that I have had in this journey, has worked out very smoothly. You can do it! :)