"My country, 'tis of thee" poster?

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by 3littlemonkeys, Aug 16, 2007.

1. 3littlemonkeys

3littlemonkeys Comrade

Aug 16, 2007

Does this exist anywhere? I want to get two posters and put them up near the flag...one saying the pledge, and one with the lyrics to that song, since we sing it every morning.

These kids have sung this song every day since kindergarten, and I still hear lyrics like "land where my pilgrims cried," etc. As a former military wife this just BUGS me, lol. I didn't spend 5 yrs on an army base to hear anything flag-related messed up. ;)

I've been writing the words on the board when I hear them getting it wrong, but I'd rather not write the words out every morning if I can find a poster to put up. :)

3. patti2

patti2 Cohort

Aug 16, 2007

Just a quick funny to share.:D :D :D When my son was really little he learned "You're a Grand Old Flag". Well, he also watched Arthur on TV everyday....so when it came to the part that said, "home of the free and the brave".....he sang "home of the Freech and the Brain"!
    We still laugh about that!

4. mrsjam525

mrsjam525 Rookie

Aug 16, 2007

If you can't find it maybe you can write it on poster or chart paper and have it laminated. That way you will have it for years and you don't have to write it on the board every morning .

5. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 16, 2007

Make a word document and decorate with clip art. You can take it to Kinkos and have it made into a poster. I would ask your music teacher if they know of a source of song posters too.

6. 3littlemonkeys

3littlemonkeys Comrade

Aug 16, 2007

Um...I am the music teacher, lol. For right now, anyway. I think they may be bringing a music program in soon--I hope so. Those poor kids do NOT need to hear me sing. ;)

But I think that's a great idea, to make my own if nothing turns up! Thanks mrsjam and tasha! :)

7. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 16, 2007

8. musicteach

musicteach Companion

9. 3littlemonkeys

3littlemonkeys Comrade

Aug 18, 2007

Thank you!!!! :D