My classroom.

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Pencil Monkey, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Jul 25, 2008

Would you be worried if preplanning starts on Monday and this is your room as of today?:eek:

[​IMG]

I'm really trying to think positive. But....I am just not seeing how this:
    [​IMG]

Is going to be a classroom soon. I'm not even talking monday, I think it will at least take another week to get all the carpet, walls, electrical and ceiling in. What if its not finished when school starts? Maybe my anxiety is getting the best of me. There are six new rooms that are in the same state. All of us are just beside ourselves about what to do.

3. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jul 25, 2008

Oh my gosh -- I have been in your shoes and boy does it make you nervous. There is nothing you can do about it so I would just make a list of what you are going to do when you do get in there! You can do it. It is totally doable. But- it is a little nerve wracking I'm sure. Dont worry!!!

4. MissR

MissR Comrade

Jul 25, 2008

Oh my goodness! May you be granted the serenity to accept the things you cannot change.

They will figure out something for you. And if you are in the classroom before you get the chance to put stuff on the walls, it will be okay. It's nice you will have a brand new classroom when it's finished!

:angel:

5. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jul 25, 2008

A friend of mine worked at a school -- a new school -- that fell behind in the work schedule. The result was that NONE of the teachers could move until the Monday of Labor Day weekend! (And school started on that Tuesday!)

Yes... serenity.... that is what you need.

I'm sending you some peaceful, calming thoughts.

6. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jul 25, 2008

I was in the same boat. It was my first job, too, so I was nervous. I had to have class for a few days in the toy room of the preschool that was part of the school I worked at at the time. You'll get every thing done. Just don't stress yourself out. Think of it this way your kidos can help you get the room ready, so they will feel proud of it, too.

7. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Jul 25, 2008

WOW! How stressful that can be! I am hoping that they can get their bodies into gear and get it done for you!
    Just remember there is nothing you can do right now-just make a mental picture in your head of where you want things to go. It will make it easier when it is time to move in!!

8. NJArt

NJArt Comrade

Jul 25, 2008

a few years ago at my school they were putting in an air conditioning system. a week before school was to start and there was no ceiling, ladders in the hallway, wires hanging, and debris everywhere. wouldn't you know it, first day of school and the school was spotless. they might be able to pull it together. ha ha! if not you'll be teaching in the cafeteria the first week. lol lucky you to have a nice, big, sunny new room though! :D

9. Mr D

Mr D Comrade

Jul 25, 2008

This past year, I was unable to get into my classroom until the second week of school. I was in another room during the first week. It was a pain, but I survived it!

10. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 25, 2008

My heart sank!!! Oh goodness!! I hope they get that done in time!!!!

11. BethMI

BethMI Cohort

Jul 25, 2008

I can only imagine your stress, but, think positively. There's a lot you can do out of your room-copying, planning, labeling...until you can get in there.

Is that a doorwall???

Good luck!!

12. Calalilys

Calalilys Comrade

Jul 25, 2008

I know it's stressful to not know when you'll be able to get into your classroom but I would just keep doing as much work as you can at home so that there isn't as much to do when you're finally allowed in your room. Know where your furniture will be, what your bulletin boards will look like, etc. Then when you get into your room, things will move pretty quickly because you've aleady planned ahead.

13. brandi0718

brandi0718 Comrade

Jul 25, 2008

I am stressing too....my whole school is being redone....and school starts for us in about 2-3 weeks....as of now no one is able to get into their rooms.....i am soooo nervous, but we will both be ok!

14. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jul 25, 2008

Oh my. That is a horrible mess! Sending you wishes for a QUICK fix!

15. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jul 25, 2008

It's going to be okay!

:hugs:

16. love_reading

love_reading Comrade

Jul 25, 2008

That is my school this year! Students don't begin until Aug. 25th, so I'm hoping by then it will be finished!

17. EMonkey

EMonkey Connoisseur

Jul 25, 2008

Just looking at your pictures made me feel sympathy stress. Sometimes the workers can amaze you in how fast they move. You might stress them getting the painting done ASAP because a lot of people are allergic to paint fumes.

18. cb4pebbles

cb4pebbles Companion

Jul 25, 2008

Evil Thoughts

Hehehe...you could charm the workers to get it done faster. Show up with drinks and snacks and tell them how much you appreciate their hard work and how good it will all look when it is finished. And then sigh and say, "I just hope I will have enough time to decorate it and really make YOUR work shine to all the parents and children.":toofunny:

19. New3rdTeacher

New3rdTeacher Comrade

Jul 25, 2008

OH my gosh, bless your heart. I wish I could help

20. clr2785

clr2785 Rookie

Jul 26, 2008

I feel your pain!! This is my first year teaching, in a brand new school that is totally under-construction. They're saying it will be ready by August 28th, school starts the 2nd! And that's an estimate!
    A lot more anxiety for a first year teacher than I have already!
    If it makes you feel any better, I haven't even SEEN the interior of the school.

21. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Jul 26, 2008

My goodness, that was certainly not the photo I expected to see -- I thought maybe it was an empty room (but at least a completed empty room).

I'm sure it is not what you expected to see, either. I hope they get it finished in time for you to do your magic!

22. Daisha

Daisha Companion

Jul 26, 2008

It will be okay! Sorry you have to deal with something like that before school begins.:hugs: