MY CAT

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Grammy Teacher, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 22, 2006

He is sitting here eating popcorn with me!:D

3. ellen_a

ellen_a Groupie

Oct 22, 2006

One of my cats loves popcorn! I fed him marshmallows earlier this evening. He eats pretty much anything--we think he was starved by his previous owner.

4. kinderkids

kinderkids Virtuoso

Oct 22, 2006

My dogs LOVE popcorn. As soon as they smell it, they sit right by me and beg!!

5. daysy_may

daysy_may Groupie

Oct 23, 2006

lol, one of my cats loves to eat butter flavored crackers with me

6. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Oct 23, 2006

My friend's cat eats string beans.... go figure

7. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Oct 23, 2006

My cat was lost (last Thursday)
    She got out somehow-(first time ever over the fence) She was out all day while we were working and we didn't realize it until bedtime. Though I went all over the neighborhood that night calling her name and shaking her treat box, my husband found her a few houses down crying under a bush. She was a wet, muddy, mess.I was so mad at her!! Her name is Katerina.

8. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Oct 23, 2006

My dog got loose twice since we moved here and she is old (but spry), can't see, and can't smell well or hear well. I finally go get her a tag and (because I lost her previous collar when I forgot to put it back on her after a trip to the groomer) forgot a new collar. Sigh. Glad you found her.

9. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Oct 23, 2006

My cat enjoys peanuts and cashews. But I don't think they are good for his tummy so he doesn't get to eat them. He will, however, go to great, sneaky lengths, to steal a Dorito out of your hand.

10. teacherkasey

teacherkasey Cohort

Oct 23, 2006

Holly

Holly is 12 and has recently started eating potato chips. She loves french fries, but is very picky about where she will eat them from:p . Tonight my bf was eating Pringles and Holly was sitting right on his lap enjoying them too. Gotta love the cute little things they do:angel: !!!

11. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Oct 23, 2006

My dog loves fruit-go figure. Although as I was cutting an apple for breakfast-(it was Tart!) she spit it out and didn't want anymore. Talk about spoiled-only wants the sweet fruit!! :) My puppy also loves Popcorn!!!!!

12. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Oct 24, 2006

my cat likes crescents and biscuits--top layers only.

13. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Oct 24, 2006

My skinny cat loves shredded cheddar cheese. My fat cat likes nothing except regular cat food (Ocean Flavors Friskies is their favorites)

14. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Oct 24, 2006

That's pretty much all my kitty will eat too!

15. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Oct 24, 2006

Right now I am broke and they have nothing to eat except the cheap stuff. Well, I have three cats and usually I have to fill 2 bowls once a day. Because they have the cheap stuff in their bowls, I have not had to fill their bowl since SATURADY!!!! I am worried they will starve to death. That's how picky they are! They will only eat Ocean Flavors Friskies, Seafood Medleys Nine Lives, or Kit and Kaboodles. But the cheap stuff will have to suffice until Friday (payday).

16. musicbean

musicbean Rookie

Oct 24, 2006

My cat loves those goldfish crackers! He bats them around the floor and chases them before he eats. I think he believes he's "hunting"

17. teacherkasey

teacherkasey Cohort

Oct 24, 2006

I've started getting the Purina One Special Care for Holly since she has very sensitive skin and is prone to hairballs. It has really helped her but now if I try giving her something else (Kit and Kaboodle) so I can get rid of it, she snubs her nose to it:rolleyes: . What a little brat...lol. And we wonder who is in control. Here I know it is Holly;) .

18. diro.pams

diro.pams Companion

Oct 24, 2006

My dog will try to eat just about anything we've had for a meal. The most surprising are apple slices and watermelon slices.

19. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Oct 24, 2006

My cats are little trouble makers......they want everything we are eating and will tag team us to get it! They also complain when the dog runs out of food, not to eat it, but because we haven't fed him! Of course, the dog feels no need to have two kittens take care of him and his water dish or food dish!

My kitties are in the corner!

20. ellen_a

ellen_a Groupie

Oct 24, 2006

They won't starve--they'll eat when they need to. Cats often refuse an unusual food the first few times it is presented--once they get used to it, then they will eat.

21. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Oct 25, 2006

I see they are eating it very slowly. Thankfully, tomorrow I get paid and will get them the "good stuff".

22. hatima

hatima Devotee

Oct 27, 2006

Grammy Teacher, your cat must somehow be related to my cat. We have two but Speckles (the tortishell) will eat popcorn, especially Kettle Corn. She also eats pickles, mustard, and....brussle sprouts (ick). Our other cat Spunky (all black and all muscle) is more finikly.

23. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 27, 2006

hatima, my old black cat is all muscle , too! He is so awesome...yet I can hold him on his back like a baby and watch t.v! He is addicted to dairy products...he has liked milk, cheese, and sour cream all of his 14 years. He is the only cat I have that eats meat from the table. My other two fluffy cats don't like anything but water and an occasional drink of milk. They all eat tuna and canned cat food and all the dry PUrina they like.

24. hatima

hatima Devotee

Oct 28, 2006

Our cats don't tollerate dairy very well, they do like cheese and milk. They like meet, especially chicken. However, unlike my family's late cat, (Queen Cuddles 1986-2002), they do NOT like liver.

Our cats are indoor cats. Last night we got home really late. I felt bad for my cats and we have some soft food they love. I wanted to give them some. Spunky came right up to me for the food. Speckles was nowhere to be found. We have a stray, that we do not go out and feed, who has made home in our backyard. Speckles had got outside. She became scared and went into the garage, which thankfully had a large hole on the side of the wall. She finally came to my dad. Then when we got back in the house she collapsed on my shoulder. She was scared. We gave her food and water, poor thing was so hungry. Last night she let me pet her, the two cats we have aren't big on being petted. I was holding Spunky. Spunky was mad at Speckles. She hissed at her and ran out of the room. It was scary. Today, Spunky is fine and she isn't mad at Speckles anymore. Speckles is still being extra cuddly. There are big dogs at my neighbors. I'm so glad she didn't jump the fence.

Speckles is very thin, she has always ate A LOT. But she is highly active and very strong. Spunky is active, doesn't eat as much, but she is also all solid muscle. I think all black cats I've seen are large and solid muscle.

25. teacherkasey

teacherkasey Cohort

Oct 30, 2006

[/QUOTE]I think all black cats I've seen are large and solid muscle.[/QUOTE]

I had an all black cat named Mousie. She is the grandmother of my baby, Holly. Mousie, also called Winkie because she lost an eye, was a petite little girl bu when she got mad at another cat or even at one of us humans...watch out. That little girl didn't take any stuff, but she was the most lovable kitty. I miss her. :rolleyes:

26. hatima

hatima Devotee

Oct 31, 2006

Mousie sound adorable teacherkasey. Speckles is like that petite but strong as can be. She has no proplem pinning Spunky down. I understand when you say you miss her. My family's cat, "Queen Cuddles" I missed her when she passed. It was hard. I still miss her all these years later. April is the hardest. She died about a week before my birthday. But, the funny thing is I still feel her, when I need her most.

27. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Oct 31, 2006

Please say a prayer for my little angel. Today we took her to the vet.... and we are keeping our fingers crossed. I have been completely a mess, she is just like our little baby. I know all the animal lovers on here will understand.

28. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Oct 31, 2006

I have her in my thoughts Miss Frizzle

29. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Oct 31, 2006

thank you. :love: :love:

30. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Oct 31, 2006

MissFrizzle, what is wrong with your little angel? I will pray for her as well.

31. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Oct 31, 2006

the doctor just called. There is something wrong with her liver, and it doesn't look good.

32. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Oct 31, 2006

Oh my! I am sooo sorry. How old is she?

33. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Oct 31, 2006

She is only 4. I can't believe this. I have been crying all day. We just love her so much. I don't want her to suffer, but I also don't want to make a choice and put her to sleep. I think I will give it some more time, and if the doctor feels a feeding tube is necessary. I think I will have to really consider putting her to sleep. I wouldn't do that to anyone, and definitely not to my cat. I just don't see the qualtity of life. I may be wrong, but that is my position on those things.

34. Grammy Teacher

Grammy Teacher Virtuoso

Oct 31, 2006

I agree with you, Frizz. I have had to make that decision several times throughout my life...but I love the critters so much, I won't let them suffer...thinking of you...

35. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Oct 31, 2006

thanks Grammy:love: ...

36. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Oct 31, 2006

Miss Frizzle I just went through the same thing with my favorite baby, Buttons. She was four when she died. She was a brave cat, at one point she got lost and after 6 weeks and losing half her body weight she came home to us! When we moved to our house she made every neighbor happy (all 3!) and hunted the mice down so low they barely had any in their houses. They were all careful to not put anything in their yards that would hurt her, well Buttons must have gone to far from home and she got something that made her sick. We fought for four days to save her, but the kidney damage was too much. However, we waited a long time to bring her to the vet, and she had already lost 8 lbs. I know you did not wait that long, and I can tell you there are MANY things they can do now, even if they do a feeding tube, if it is just for a few days they can keep her out of it so she isn't uncomfortable. Give the vet a chance to do whatever he can, you will be surprised what they can do nowdays.

If you have to make that choice, I understand. I will cry with you, so tell me if you need a shoulder......I will be there with you.

37. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Oct 31, 2006

thank you Wldywall! I am praying for a miracle. Even a little more time is better than nothing. I will need that shoulder to cry on. Thanks.:love:

38. hatima

hatima Devotee

Oct 31, 2006

MissFrizzle, I understand your pain. I'll keep you and your cat in my prayers.
    Hatima

39. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Oct 31, 2006

thank you Hatima:love:

40. katerina03

katerina03 Devotee

Oct 31, 2006

MissFrizzle, I am so sorry for your pain. I hope things turn out ok for your kitty. I do believe in miracles and I will pray that you get one.

41. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Oct 31, 2006

:love: thank you Katerina