My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiancee

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by Tara19, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Tara19

Tara19 Companion

Feb 20, 2004

Does anybody watch this show? I wonder if Randi will still ahve her teaching job once the shows over. Do you think she'll get the million?z

3. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

4. teacherfan

teacherfan Cohort

Feb 20, 2004

I have watched some of the show. I can't believe that she would think she has a future in entertainment based on her performance. I would never give up a first grade class for a huge shot in the dark!

5. sandimreyes

sandimreyes Comrade

Feb 21, 2004

Funny...the first night I watched the show and heard that she was a 1st grade teacher, I immediately thought to myself..."How can you expect to continue being respected as a teacher after this????"

I guess that's not an issue any more.

I also happen to think that million $$ or no million $$, I would NEVER put my family through something like this. I can't imagine doing something like this to someone you love for money.

What has this world come to???

6. miss karen

miss karen Comrade

Feb 21, 2004

I agree Sandi. My take is that the parents and Coy family are in on it and they win money for convincing her NOT to marry. I think that will be the big surprise ending! What will they think of next? I have heard there is also a "small" fiance show going on or in the making?! Give me a break!!

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Feb 21, 2004

I think she got fired

I think I heard she was fired from her teaching job. It is doubtful she will get the million the way things are going, but it would be a great ending if she did!

8. sandimreyes

sandimreyes Comrade

Feb 21, 2004

According to the story at the link Amanda posted, she resigned from her job. She was told to give them a formal decision by January 16th. She didn't bother to do anything until January 21st, and then she phoned in her resignation.

The children in her class are better off this way. I think she needs to sort out her own life a bit before she can impart wisdom to children.

9. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Feb 21, 2004

hilarious

This show is hilarious. Really its pathetic that she is being played so much by all these actors. Its NOT one million for her. Its five hundred thousand for her side which means 250 thou. and five hundred thou for his side. I cant quite figure out why her family is willing to walk around their house with microphones attached and tv cameras in their faces and NOT be suspicious. Her older brother, last I saw was so upset with her that he didnt come to rehersal. Neither did the other brother and sister.

Some times i look at steve and think he is quite handsome, something about his michiveous/devious laughter... He usually acts like totally a SLOB.

10. jenniatek

jenniatek Companion

Feb 23, 2004

I've only seen two of these shows and I had no idea she was a teacher!!:eek: How do you face the students at your school after that? I'd be so embarassed! Anyhow, my curiosity's got the best of me, I missed last week and don't know what happened...none of my friends watch this...just a quicky update would be fun.

11. jggreenfield

jggreenfield Companion

Feb 27, 2004

Horrified, but happy ending

Looks like the show ended on a high note, although it is relative to the lows that the show hit. I agree that I would never put my family or my students through this. Why not try out for the new millionaire shoe instead!

Jeff

12. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Feb 27, 2004

Jeff, the five hundred thou for her is REALLY awesome as she is young and can create a nice nest egg. As for putting her family thru it and then giving them five hund thou for it? Hmmm. dont know if its really worth it. Five hund thou is ALOT and her parents have college tuitions to worry about and a lifestyle to upkeep. I just dont see their five hundred thou going as long a way as Randi's.

13. jggreenfield

jggreenfield Companion

Feb 28, 2004

Family came out shining, I thought

Momaruthie,
    I really was touched by the way the Dad came across. As a father of a daughter, I actually cried when I saw how steadfast he was in her support and unconditional love. All of her family came across as very loving and very strong. For a twisted, pathetic hollywood farce, it showed that "middle America" is strong and true.
    I think that teachers should all audition for Millionaire. If I made it, all my life-lines would be other educators. It would really show us off!

Jeff

14. jenniatek

jenniatek Companion

Feb 29, 2004

I started watching this show not knowing what to expect but thought it was sort of funny her not knowing he was an actor but I really liked the finale...kind of corny but I agree about the Dad...I was really impressed at how he stayed and supported her. It was nice..I was a blubbering mess by the end!:eek:

15. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Feb 29, 2004

my husband wants to know- why did her family allow for themselves to be wired with microphone and cameras in their faces in THEIR home?
    He thinks the parents were in on it and THATs why they got the money also. If the parents could convince the kids to show up....

Most reality shows have interviews or the tv talk show circuits with the participants. Why arent these people on? Also, HOW MUCH did steve, and his 'parents and sister' get paid?

I think the deception is just something I cant get passed. But I remember the first episode when she was only told at the house what she needed to do. She looked surprised.

16. jggreenfield

jggreenfield Companion

Feb 29, 2004

Family's microphones

I think the family understood that it was a reality show of some kind, and that they agreed to be on camera, miked, etc. Anyway, would be nice to have an extra $500,000 kickin' around.

Jeff

17. caz0501

caz0501 Guest

Jun 29, 2004

my opinion

To everyone who thinks Randi was silly and stupid to go on the show. Im pretty sure if she knew every detail about what was going to happen throughout the series she would not have done it. At the end of the day she just wanted the million dollars to help her family and herself as any normal human being would. Plus she seems to be a very smart lady who had the joke turned back on her in the end.