My 9 mo. old. falling out of her child bed

Discussion in 'Montessori' started by gillywilly, Jun 5, 2008.

1. gillywilly

gillywilly Rookie

Jun 17, 2008

Redd and Amanda, thank you so much for weighing in here. I apologize for becoming 'defensive'. I felt like I came here for advice on a very particular issue and was being criticized for a philosophy which I widely accept.

To reiterate, my child is in no danger, its just that she gets herself out of bed during her naps to 'work' (play) instead of sleeping.

I in NO WAY meant for my post to seem 'alarming', I was just speaking matter-of-factly to what I presumed were Montessorians.

My digital camera is officially broken, (Upsetting at this wonderful stage in my daughters life) $800 camera, got 7 good years out of it, but still...

Im thinking of picking up a 'cheap' one just so I dont miss any great moments. I would also love to post pictures of her room for you al to see.

Redd and Amanda thank you again for your words. In the face of emotion, it can become challenging to back up your beliefs and instead of working hard to explain it, I just convinced myself that no one really 'got' what I was trying to say.

Now, My daughter seems to be 'over' the whole rolling outta bed thing! It was 2 weeks of consistancy, and dilligence in scooping her up and helping her back into bed. Just like many facets of Montessori, it may take a little more work/preparation at first, but the rewards make it all worth it!

2. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jun 17, 2008

There is a beautiful photo book called Montessori PLay and learn which shows photos of infant rooms with the futon on the floor. I taught in a Montessori school for 3 years and really think the philosophy is applicable to what I do now in the classroom (though the school I work in is not Montessori, people often comment that my classroom looks like one.)

Anyway, this book should show lovely photos of children's rooms if anyone is interested.

3. Redd3415

Redd3415 New Member

Jun 25, 2008

Glad to hear that things are better. Consistency and patience are very important and are so hard to do! :haha: Sometimes it's difficult to see the end of the tunnel when you are right in the middle of it. Glad I could help.

4. Redd3415

Redd3415 New Member

Jun 25, 2008

Very well said.

:cool: