My 4th Grade Classroom

Discussion in 'Classroom Photos' started by EiffelTower, Jul 22, 2011.

1. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jul 22, 2011

At my school, we are required to choose a university as part of the No Excuses University program. I chose the University of Oregon (what can I say, their mascot was cute!) so that's why everything is green/yellow and has ducks involved (their mascot). If you have any questions or would like me to take a picture close up, let me know.

[​IMG]
    My teacher desk and resource area.

[​IMG]
    The writing process game board. Each student will have a duck that they will move to each spot on the game board as they work their way through the writing assignment.

[​IMG]
    This is my small group area. I'm waiting for a horseshoe table to be delivered to complete the area. The cupcakes to the left are to write student birthdays on. The bulletin board to the right of the whiteboard is my word wall.

[​IMG]
    The cubbies hold student textbooks so their desks don't get too cluttered. To the right of the cubbies is my list of Ron Clark's Essential Rules and "wanted" posters that display the qualities that are wanted in my students, such as compassion, honesty, respect, etc.

[​IMG]
    My classroom library is displayed and the bulletin boards are for my focus walls. There is one for reading, writing, and math. They will display what we are learning for the week, as well as important information for easy reference. The boards will also hold the activities students can select once they finish an assignment. For example, the reading board will hold fluency sheets, vocabulary activities, comprehension passages, etc.

[​IMG]
    The extension of the library. Leveled Readers are on the bookcase to the right and literature books are on the right.

[​IMG]
    Another view of the writing process game board, as well as the tables my student teacher will hold small group lessons at.

[​IMG]
    The area at the front of the room where I will write daily objectives and teach. If you like the chair, it's currently at Kohl's.

3. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 22, 2011

WOW ~ great room :) Is looks awesome

I really like the writing board game. I think I could use this with my AP students :)

4. AZMrs.S

AZMrs.S Cohort

Jul 22, 2011

Looks really great! :) You have a nice, spacious room!

5. GAteacher87

GAteacher87 Companion

Jul 23, 2011

Your room is FANTASTIC! I love the writing board game. :)

6. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jul 23, 2011

I think the only thing I would add would be titles for your student work boards. If they are going to be subject specific, I would put MATH, WRITING, and READING above them to help persons visiting see their purpose. Everything looks bright and colorful. It looks like a lot of hard work on your part!

7. AsherDasher

AsherDasher Companion

Jul 23, 2011

I love, love, love your writing game board. I might have to borrow that idea! You have done a great job.

8. carrieSAtoUSA

carrieSAtoUSA Rookie

Jul 23, 2011

Love your room! I especially like the writing board and the Ron Clark rules!!! Thanks for sharing :)

9. Mrs. Q

Mrs. Q Cohort

Jul 23, 2011

Your room looks great! I have those same "Wanted" posters in my room. :)

10. brigidy

brigidy Comrade

Jul 24, 2011

I love your room! I also want to use the writing board game!

11. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 27, 2011

Very nice room! I like the chair from Kohl's (I've been actively looking around lately). I just purchased a turquoise circular chair and two mini stools from JoAnn's. Ross and Target have some good furniture, too. I like a lot of the furniture I have seen lately.

12. teacherSMK

teacherSMK Habitué

Jul 28, 2011

Love your room!

13. aggie21

aggie21 Rookie

Jul 29, 2011

I absolutely love your room! What exactly will you put on the boards you have for Reading, Writing and Math? I'm looking for a way to display objectives/assignments/a calendar in my room that doesn't look to cluttered.

14. NJArt

NJArt Comrade

Jul 29, 2011

you mentioned that you use "ducks" with their names on it to move along the writing steps game. How do you attach the ducks? Tape? Pushpins? is it magnetic?

15. IEDUK8

IEDUK8 Rookie

Jul 30, 2011

Wonderful room! :) Very spacious and organized!

I know I've seen those "Wanted" posters before, but can't recall where. Do you mind sharing where you got them and/or who is the publisher?

Thanks much! :)
    Ted

16. EiffelTower

EiffelTower Comrade

Jul 31, 2011

aggie21: I'm going to post content information on the top half and the bottom part will be activities students can do once they finish an assignment. For example, the first week of school in writing will be learning the writing process. I will display the rules of prewriting, drafting, revising, editing, and publishing as well as the rubric that they will be graded with on that board.

NJArt: Students will use pushpins to move their ducks from each part of the writing process.

IEDUK8: I'll have to check the posters to see where I bought them. The only problem is that I've had them for at least five years so I'm not sure if they're even for sale any more.

Thanks everyone for the compliments!

17. IEDUK8

IEDUK8 Rookie

Jul 31, 2011

Eiffel, thanks for responding!

I actually found them at Amazon. I think I saw they were Carson-Dellosa.

18. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Aug 1, 2011

I love your writing gameboard idea. I think I am going to steal that idea.

19. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Aug 5, 2011

Really lovin' the writing process board!