My 2nd Interview and I got it!

Discussion in 'Job Hunting & Interviews' started by newtothis2006, Aug 31, 2006.

1. newtothis2006

newtothis2006 Rookie

Aug 31, 2006

Hi all
    I just wanted to share some news. I have had 2 interviews for TA positions. I ideally wanted a teachers position but I am so new into the education field (1 month really) that this is a good place for me to start and get experience. Well anyway, I had the easiest interview of my life today with a VERY nice principal of the local high school in the city I live. (It's so close!) He didn't even ask me any questions at all- it was just a conversation. We really connected on that first phone call and I think that made all the difference. He said that if I want the job it is mine and he would like to offer it to me. I expressed interest in a teaching position for the spring and he said I would definitely be considered. I will get to do all kinds of things in the TA job. Mainly I will be responsible for helping students in the computer lab. But other things are, classroom observing, assisting, subbing, and administrative work. I get full benefits (which is REALLY great) and it will be official next week. I will start right away! I am thrilled. I hope I like this age group. I'm still working on my alternative cert so if I like this age I can get certified! The pay is really low, but I was ready to volunteer to get experience so this is really a blessing. Just wanted to share my story to give everyone who is still looking some inspiration. It will happen when it is the right job for you.

3. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Aug 31, 2006

good for you! sounds like you've found a good fit! :)