Music CDs for next year

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by LovetoteachPREK, Jul 1, 2011.

1. LovetoteachPREK

LovetoteachPREK Companion

Jul 1, 2011

Hello everybody! I am looking to add one or two new music and movement CDs to my classroom for next year. I have lots of Dr. Jean, the Bean Bag CD and one Greg and Steve.

I have the Lakeshore catalog in front of me and am trying to figure out what would be best to add. I am thinking a male singer would be nice (since I have 15 boys in one class next year.) I see Jack Hartmann and lots more Greg and Steve. Does anybody have any recommendations of specific CDs that are big hits in your classroom?

Also, I once heard a nursery rhymes CD that was awesome. The Humpty Dumpty song had some lines in the middle like "They tried to...patch him up. They tried to...push him up. They tried to...pull him up. They couldn't put him back together again" with sound effects of all that effort. I loved it and I don't know the name. Any ideas?

3. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Jul 1, 2011

I would suggest any of Mr. AL CDs. I don't have the names of them, they are all at school, but the math one is very good.

4. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jul 1, 2011

Jack Hartmann and Music with Mar!

5. dcnuck

dcnuck Companion

Jul 3, 2011

Jack Hartman definitely. He does the Humpty Dumpty and the kids love it. He has a website with examples of his music. He even has a dvd now.

6. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jul 3, 2011

My kids loved his Hip Hop Hokey Pokey! Also Ridin' on the Bus. Really all of his songs!

7. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jul 3, 2011

Have you heard of Hap Palmer? He was the rage when I was teaching. Look up his website, he has all his songs and words listed.

8. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 3, 2011

9. cmw

cmw Groupie

Jul 3, 2011

10. LovetoteachPREK

LovetoteachPREK Companion

Jul 6, 2011

Thanks for all the replies! The Humpty Dumpty I was looking for was indeed Jack Hartmann. I am so excited to hear it again!!!!

I ordered three of his CDs - the nursery rhymes (Rhymin' to the Beat), his newest one (Transitions, I think?) and one for rest time.

I think Dr. Jean is the Queen of Preschool Music, but it's always fun to mix things up a little.

11. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jul 13, 2011

Female singer, but my kids really love Carole Peterson's stuff... I had almost all boys last year, and one class couldn't get enough of Popcorn Chant, Sticky Bubble Gum, and a couple of others ;)

12. TeachGA

TeachGA Rookie

Jul 17, 2011

LOVE Shawn Brown! He has a hip-hop vibe to him... I caught myself dancing along to his songs all the time.

13. halpey1

halpey1 Groupie

Jul 17, 2011

Quite simply, I would not teach without Jack Hartmann CDs. The nursery rhyme ones are a cornerstone of my routines. We do one a week all year long.